95 Seadoo SPX Rotary Valve Seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 Seadoo SPX Rotary Valve Seal

My '95 SPX (650 cc) is passing a lot of oil through the exhaust. Dealer said the rotary valve seal is shot and wants $1,200 to fix it. Essentially to rebuild the engine. Any advise or should I just buy a rebuilt engien and swap it out myself?

Re: 95 Seadoo SPX Rotary Valve Seal

The price is about right if it is removing the engine, swapping the crank, rebuilding the existing engine top-end and installing the engine again. I wouldn't reuse the old top-end though - for a little bit more you can get a whole new engine - rotary shaft assembly, top-end and a trued & welded crank, with a 1 year warranty. Figure 6-8 for the swap labor. $699 for the engine.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

There is a huge difference between changing the RV shaft seal and rebuilding the motor.

I get about $200 to do the shaft seal........

Why does he think you need the motor rebuilt ?

I think he meant he is going to replace the crankshaft seals and the RV seal @ $1200.00..... But at that price, make sure you get new crankshaft, pistons and a bore job too. If not, buy the SBT motor and be done with it.
      Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

my 95 xp is also expericing the same problem, just waundering did the rotary seal take care of this problem, was told if the crank seals are gone the engine would lock up because of the oil in the cylinder, mind never did lock up, so i think it is the rotary seal

Comment

Working...
        X