Kawasaki 300cc 88'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki 300cc 88'

I have a 300 cc 88' kawasaki, I just bought to play around with. When I bought it the oil injection was blocked off. I just want to know if anyone knows what the oil/gas ratio should be so I can mix it myself. Thanks in advance.
    Matthew

Re: Kawasaki 300cc 88'

40:1 - and I don't think that ever came with injection to begin with.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Maybe injection is the wrong word, but there is a seperate oil tank and hoses running from it. I see a blockoff plate in front of the stator (i think thats what is is called), in the front of the engine. Thanks for the quick response.

One more question, when I started it for the first time, it started right up, but there was back firing and also a ton of smoke. It even blew a big wad of oil out of the exaust when it back fired. (pretty funny because my buddy was unknowingly standing in front of the exaust port when it happened). I thought that the gas mixture was too rich in oil but I could be wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Matthew

Comment

Yeah it did I had one an 87 the oil injection was junk I burned mine up right away. Kawasaki replaced the motro under warrenty and the dealer diconnected the oil injection. I always ran mine 50:1.

Comment

Wired - I have have never worked on one and wouldn't think they used it on such a small simple machine.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

The 300 Always Had A Problem With The Oil Injection Pump. Dont Know Why? I Saw Quite A Few Failures On That Setup With Only A Few Hrs On Them In The Late 80s. Better To Just Do Away With It. The 300 Runs Best On 40:1.
            WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

Working...
            X