RXP question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RXP question

Recently my ski was cavatating as i had posted a week ago and had no low end trq. . well enough bitching to the dealer seeing it only had 20 hours on it they stood bye the wear ring and went to replace it at n/c .. around 3 ish today i got a call from the dealer service mng. he said that he didnt realize they were out of wear rings and claimed that rxp wear rings were on some kind of back order he said he was going to take the pump housing off of a boxed rxp and swap em then send mine in and get a new one for the new one .. my question is did i get screwed in any way becasue my rxp feels great down low now but struggled this evening to see 68 and rpms never went over 7800 .. i was shocked and very upset i always see 8000 rpm. did i get a bad pump in any way?? could i loose that much rpm from the heat /humit. ?? to give an example some one with an rxp tonight was pulling away from me ever so slightly but it was enough to make me very upset .. i really need to know if they did swap out pumps is there any way to tell??
    #*@* ME IF IM WRONG ... BUT HAVENT WE MET BEFORE?

Re: RXP question

I think you are overreacting. I think your dealer went out of his way to help you and now you think you got screwed.

Not all RXP's will run the exact same speed. Your boat may have something else going on, like slipping clutch washers in the supercharger or some other minor glitch. Maybe the guy you were racing had his trim in a slightly different angle? I have not known RXP's to turn 8000 rpm, high 7's is normal rpm on an RXP.

I think you should buy the guy a beer for getting you back onto the water, when most dealerships would have pushed your ski to the side and made you wait. You don't know how lucky you are.
    Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

Maybe thats all I needed to be told .. thanks bill .. just for some reason it didnt seem like it had the top end that it had before he put tis new pump on .. im `100% positive however that i seen 8000 on a regular basis and saw 71 mph on a regular basis .. im seeing neither now

Comment

71? You may have been seeing it, but you wern't doing it. Maybe he adjusted your speedo for you too.LOL!
        Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

bill just realized some pieces are missing!!
          Attached Files

Comment

my opas is not working at all and the bolt(s) are missing this is looking up from the ground
            Attached Files

Comment

god only knows what else is loose or missing this is unreal

Comment

Yow!
                SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

unreal ... ok so i am not a happy camper rite now to say the least .. i dont have the experience or knowledge to even know what else they screwed up or what else is missing ... can anyone see anything from this picture??

Comment

the 1st pump pic is what i was trying to have any one look at it ..

Comment

You want to get his attention ?
                      Call the service manager and tell him you are in the hospital and ask him where the bolts are that hold your nozzel together on your pump. Tell him that as soon as you get released from the hospital, you will be down there to see the owner of the dealership.
                      Bill O'Neal <br>
                      WCM
                      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
                      X