Debris in pump......again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debris in pump......again

For the second time this season,I have picked up debris and my Doo is cavitating bad. The first time it happened I was due for my 10 hour service anyway,so I let the shop remove it.On both occasions,it happened when I was idleing. This time,I had tied my ski up at the dock,and I was starting it to take it to the ramp to trailer it.I always check around for floating debris prior to starting it up,and did not see anything around me,so I cranked it up and it instantly had that same feel as before when I gave it any gas whatsoever. What gives here? I never had this problem with my 94 spi in the 4 years I rode it. This has happened twice already with my new RXP.Anyone else having this problem? Is this pump so strong that it picks up anything from a much broader area beneath the ski? Aside of installing some sort of screen on the intake grate,( I would not even consider doing this,btw),is there anything I can do to keep this from happening? I am no mechanic by any means,and will not attempt to take the pump apart myself so this is becoming any expensive annoyance.
    Last edited by BertinTexas; 08-23-2004, 12:55 PM.

Re: Debris in pump......again

Well, in all the years of working on watercraft, very few times have I had to do much more than remove the scoop grate to rid the pump of debris, so if you were to try to remove the debris yourself, it may be easier and alot cheaper than you think.

Does an RXP suck up more debris that a 94 Sea Doo ? hell yes ! It is a very powerful ski with a much bigger pump.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
    X