pulling heads on 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pulling heads on 1100

What is the best way to pull the heads off the 1100? It looks like the exhaust pipe needs to be pulled off to get the first head off. If so, what's the best way to pull off the pipe?
    Triple L Racing<br />Novice Runabout 1200 Stock<br />Region 6, #713

Re: pulling heads on 1100

Remove the bolts that hold the elbow pipe to the exhaust manifold. They will be toward the bottom to the front of the ski. They are allen head and then use an open end wrench to remove the nut from the top center stud on the pipe. Remove the brackets and the hose clamp on the exit and then remove the pipe.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

crap, that's what I thought. I was looking at that last night and saying to myself that I hope I don't have to take that off. What's the difficulty on reaching those allen cap screws?

Also what's you preliminary guess on 120 100 100 psi from pto to mag for compression. Think that'd be just rings maybe, hopefully.

Comment

You can use a snap-on allen driver that is about 5" long in a normal ratchet. Use an extension and you can go threw the front hatch for some of them.

It soundl like just light hone and rings or an overheat and damaged head o-rings.

Comment

thanks, I can see that this will be a ton of fun!

Comment

ok so I got all the allen cap screws off and one of the 12mm nuts. How in the world am I supposed to get the second one (the top one) off? A socket won't fit only the open end part of a wrench and that only goes so far. Any tips would be super! Thanks.

Whoever put this thing on, used a gallon of Loctite too.

Comment

Dont take off the elbow from the expansion chamber. just take off the lowwer allen screws and one nut. then the brackets and rear hose. It will come off as one piece at that time. You can not get that other nut off until you remove the pipe from the ski. I normaly don't take that part loose unless there is a lot of corrosion and the gasket looks bad.

Comment

No, I only took off the pipe. There were 3 allen screws and 2 nuts. I was having trouble getting one of the nuts off, but a new wrench from Sears worked well. I pulled off the heads and everything looked ok (no burned pistons or anything) the O-rings will be replaced because they didn't look so hot. I don't think they were leaking as I did not see any water leaking from the heads and no water was getting in the cylinder. How should I find look for a place to hone the cylinders? Do powersports places do that? Thanks for the help!

Comment

thanks for the help so far. What is the proper way to get the cir clips off so I can pull off the piston and wrist pin?

Comment

Circlip pliers - any auto store.
                    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

ok, cool. Thanks, you guys have been most helpful.

Comment

Working...
                      X