Mods Not working??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods Not working??????

I have just recently, had the dealer install a new skat-trak impeller, and I installed a Ocean Pro intake grate on a 97 1100 stx. Before I had installed these mods (whch cost total of $600 installed) me and my friend had raced, he has the exact same ski except his is 99. We were neck to neck, I mean you could have put a 2x4 on both of our noses and it probably would have not moved. After that I decided to put those mods on my ski. We raced again today, and I thought that I was going to tear him up. Still the skis were neck to neck, I noticed a slight difference in choppier water, but not a $600 dollar difference. My question is, is there something else that I need to do, or did I just waste $600. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Matthew

Re: Mods Not working??????

Which Op Grate Did You Install.And What Are Your Rpm With The New Prop?
    WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

Not to sure on exact model. The reciept says Ocean Pro Race grate 1100 zxi/stx. It has only two bars instead of the 3 the stock one has. It also looks like it sits a little lower in the water than the stock one did.

Comment

Well You Probaly Got A Top Loader Or Similar Scoop Grate. That Will Actually Slow You Down A Bit On Top End. You May Have Defeated The Purpose Of The Impeller Upgrade If You Were Looking For A Top End Gain. It Will Give Better Handling In Rough Water And Cornering Though. You Said $600.00 For These Items. Sounds A Little Steep To Me.
        WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

Here is the break down:

skat trak impeller 1100 13/18 deg swirl : $232.99
          Ocean Pro Race Grate $99.95
          o-ring:$1.75
          o-ring:$1.45
          Bearing Ball 62022rd: $9.96
          Bearing Ball : $26.06
          Seal-Oil:$17.35
          Seal-oil: $20.42
          o-ring, Meter Gear $3.60
          2.3 hrs labor (rebuild Pump) x $60.00/hr = $138.00
          Good ol' Houston Tax: 45.50

all equals: $597.03

That being said do you think that I should put the stock intake grate on and see if there is a difference?
          Thanks,
          Matthew

Comment

I Would Try That. Also Make Sure You Are Turning 6900-6950 With That Prop. You May See An Increase In Top End With The Stock Grate.

Comment

Thats exactly where my rpm's are, I will try the stock one. As soon as I get some new spacers for the grate. Mine were shot, and I had to use them again. Thanks for the help

Comment

i agree, the race grate is too agressive on smooth water and will slow you down, put the stocker back on.

Comment

Working...
                X