Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 gti sea doo 717 engine.

first time posting. great information.
    just revived a 96 gti 3 seater. rebuilt the carb's. I got it up to approx 50 mph last time out. I found I am missing a screw on one of the carbs with a t on the end. I believe it is fuel mixture screw. it is on order. I was wondering if jet-skis are just like automobiles and have intake/exhaust setups available that will help airflow creating more hp. I am not finding any easy to find places that sell these. Would buying a new aftermarket head be an easy replacement? Do they make them for the 717 engine? Are there cheaper then oem rings to use that are better, or should i stay oem? what would be needed to complete that install as in seals/tools. I most likely have all the tools, got a mini auto shop in the garage. I am looking to use this ski to pull two guys. I plan to wakeboard/ski/tube. Is there an easy way to check if the carbs are lean/rich. I seem to smell fuel since the engine is 2-stroke.
    96 sea doo gti

Re: 96 gti sea doo 717 engine.

Yes there are lots of aftermarket parts around for these motors. Trouble is, when you modify them, they become very unreliable.

I suggest that you save the approximately $1500.00 necessary to modify the 720, sell the boat and buy a 1996 or later model GTX with a 110 hp motor. Stock it is better than a modified 720.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Re: 96 gti sea doo 717 engine.

i am thinking keepin this one around, and save for another. Let my mom ride this one and get one for my dad and me to screw around on. mom is a control freak so, no one likes being on her ski. 96+ are more reliable then good to know thank you.
      96 sea doo gti

Comment

Working...
      X