Default Carb Settings for Waveraider 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Carb Settings for Waveraider 1100

I have a 95 waveraider 1100 and recently I had changed the factory air filters to aftermarket. I noticed my ski was stalling out a lot so I assumed (knowing almost nothing about jet skis) the gas:air ratio was off. So I adjusted the screws on the right side of each carb. I adjusted them 1 and 1/2 turns out from a closed position. The result seemed to me that it allowed more gas in and it ran better. But I was also forced to adjust the idle higher to keep it from stalling while idling. Later I have noticed when my ski sits over night, it requires me to give it throttle to start and gas pours out of the exhaust when it starts, leaving a puddle on the ground. It also makes a weazing sound. Once it has started up and i run it for a minute, it stops pouring gas out and the sound resumes normal. I just changed back to my stock air filters. So my question is, what is the default turns I should have these screws at so i don't have gas filling up in the carbs or motor? And does that even sound like the problem I'm having or is it more serious?

Re: Default Carb Settings for Waveraider 1100

The Stock Setings For The 1100 Are Lows Approx 1-1/8 Highs Approx 7/8 Turns Out From Seated. Also You Need To Disassemble And Overhaul The Carbs. Sounds Like You Have Faulty Needle And Seats Or Too Low On The Pop Off Psi. Go Back With Some New Kits And Set Factory Pop Off Psi With Factory Flame Arrestor Installed.
    WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

Agree with WCServices comments.... if its a leaking n/s and/or too low of popoff you will probably see gas dripping out of the "bulleyes" in the center of atleast one of the carbs at idle. Nothing should be "dribbling" out of the bulleye at idle, only when you rev the engine (>2000rpm)

Comment

Thanks, you guys are genious. I am going to have it serviced. Is all that going to cost a fortune?

Comment

I closed each carb 1/2 turns and let it sit over night. I started it up this morning and it started and sounded nice. No gas came out of the exhaust. Maybe I just adjusted something I shouldn't have before.

Comment

One thing I found out after rebuilding my carbs and setting the screws @ factory default was my ski was running WAY too lean. So don't live by the fact that you set the screws at the default setting, you should do a plug reading to make sure. (search STB tech articles for how) Alot of guys ask what stock settings should be, but I hardly ever read that they should only be used as a starting point. I feel that if I had lived by them my ski would be dead.

Good Luck
            MC

Comment

Working...
            X