97 gtx rev problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 gtx rev problems

This motor has 110 hours on it. It ran great UNTIL... The rave valve on the exhaust can melted because the can got hot. I replaced it, and found why the can got hot (hoses were backwards from the morons who winterized it). The coupling hose from can to motor blew and I replaced that. Most likley because it was hot too. After repalcing all that it worked great for about 10 hours. I run 98 octane gas, sea doo oil, and the plugs are new. The ski just dont come out of the hole like it should. When you get going the engine holds at 5,000 even if the throttle is wide open. If you let off and hit it again the rpm's will go to about 6,500. I was told the rave valves on the motor are blowing open too soon because of what? (too much exhaust pressure)? I have cleaned the rave valves on the motor, and they slide easy. I have tried adjusting the rave valves (red caps) on the motor. They are all the way down right now. I have even tried new (bigger) springs in the rave valves. It seems to be a delicate balance there. If they are too much one way (up or looser) you get no out of the hole power. Too much the other way (down or tight) there is no top end, or limited top end (not getting to 6,500 RPM). I have read about upgraded rave valves? All I can tell you about the current ones on the motor is they are orange diaphrams and from what I can see they look to be in good working order. I am very new at this and have no clue what to do at this point. I dont have a service manual, and I can do things if given clear proper direction. I have been crippled with this problem most of the summer. In NY we dont get much riding time so I really need some help to get this thing back on the water. Sitting on shore in NY with no clue.... Terry (trent1NY)
Working...
X