Driveway Queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Driveway Queen

Thanks for the replys. I've already been in the electrial and checked for any loose wires. Found the fuse for the MFD bad while I was inside. I'll try with the spark plug wires. The battery was suppose to be new when we bought the ski 9 months ago. I'll recheck all the grounds and clean them up. It's a start. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

I tried new battery this weekend, checked all grounds wire etc in the electrical box. Didnt see any apparent problems. I did notice this weekend, even though a spark is visible at the plugs, while I was holding onto the spark plug and turned over the engine, I did not feel the high voltage jolt that we all know should be felt. It felt more like a tingle. When I have the water craft on the trailer and crank the engine. I feel the big voltage jolt that I know should be felt. The big jolt is also felt when the engine is also cold .
      Assuming the problem could be occuring at the magneto area. I took the flywheel off and noticed the magnets and coils have corrossion on them. I am going to clean everything up and try the machine again this weekend. I will post my results. Keep in mind the spark alway looks the same but feels different.
      TG I hope some how this can help.

Comment

Forgot to mention the new battery did not make a difference for me.

Comment

Still taking apart elec. connectors. Anything that even looks like corrosion, I'm cleaning up. I did find one thing that was interesting. The previous owner or whoever, attached the ground cable from the battery to the block, and never cleaned off the paint on the block. None. I scraped it down to bare metal, and am in the process of putting this thing back together. We'll take it out for a run this afternoon. I really don't want to tear this thing down to parade rest while the weather is like this. I'll be back. Hopefully with good news. Thanks everyone for the help.

TG

Comment

Well, I'm making progress little by little. Took the ski out yesterday and every worked great. Ski starts in water. Runs great. The only thing I have a problem with, is it will start right up after it comes back from a run, but will only idle. You have to baby the throttle for quite a while to finally get it going. Could this be a Carb. issue? Thanks again for all the responses. I tried everything that was advised, short of buy a new battery.

Comment

Working...
            X