Driveway Queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driveway Queen

Okay finnally got this thing to run half way decent in the driveway, hooked up to the hose. As soon as we tow it down to the river, it ain't starting. Starer fluid no help. Put the thing back on the trailer and it fires right up in the parking lot. Can someone shed alittle light on this for me. No water in hull. Plugs are about a month old. New gas.

Re: Driveway Queen

Check out Tech Article on (Starting Problems) work your way down the list till you find the problem. Could be many different things.

Comment

IF it still has the pulse operated fuel shut off (#6 on the below site) take it
      off.

http://www.partsland.com/index.cgi?N...50-FUEL-SYSTEM

Comment

Isn't # 6 the fuel line? If I knew what the shut off was I'd try it. I'm just learning about these. Trial and error. I can work on $60 million fighter jets, but i'm having a hell of a time with this thing. Thanks. Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated.

Comment

It is the device the hoses referred to in #6 connect to. Nothing but trouble.
          If you look at the fuel sytem for the '95 its not there.

Comment

Are we talking about the fuel pump itself. Oh by the way, Thanks. I'm running from the ski to the computer for help.

Comment

No, not the pump. What you want removed is called the autocock. Polaris called for it to be removed in a TSB long ago. But since you mentioned the fuel pump, you should be aware that this machine should have the fuel pump upgraded too. Just search the board for fuel pump and you will find issues related to this.
              WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
              Skat Trak D-75 SS 6 Vein Pump
              Skat Trak 13/18 Swirl Impeller

Comment

okay where about is the autocock on the ski? Does it come off the pump, from the pump, or from the tank to the on/off/res. valve???? Thanks for all your help

Comment

It was removed from my machine when I bought it - so I can't tell you physically where it was at - but it is between the pump output and the carb input - trace your fuel line from the fuel pump (which is mounted vertically right beneath flame arrestor air intake) to carb input - if it is there you will see it. If you find it I have the Tech bulletin on how to remove it - give me your email and I can send it to you.
                  WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
                  Skat Trak D-75 SS 6 Vein Pump
                  Skat Trak 13/18 Swirl Impeller

Comment

Please send it. tomsfishn2@netscape.net
                    Thanks again

Comment

Got it thank you. Just got in from the river. The ski ran well. I still have alot of problems starting it after it comes back from a 30+ min. run. If it sits for any lenght of time 15-30 min. It really doesn't want to start. Sometimes it does and sometmes it doesn't. I'll check for the autocock valve in the morning. Again thanks for all your help.

TG

Comment

The autocock is right next to the fuel pump and is about a third of the size. If you need a pic let me know and I will scan it out of the manual and email or post it to you.

Comment

Thanks. A picture would be great. I'm learning about these things by trial and error.

Comment

I Agreewith The Check

Comment

Okay, I'm coming to the end of the line in patience. The autocock valve was removed. Took the ski out yesterday and the only way to get it to fire was keeping it on the trailer then starting it and dropping it in the river. Runs great till you come back from a run, then almost impossible to start again. Just put in brand new plugs. Can I try this. Close the gap on the plugs from .028 to .025, and, kick up the fuel from 87 octane to 92. Any thoughts. Oh by the way thanks for all the help.

TG

Comment

Working...
                              X