Zx1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zx1000

Looking at a 2000, Kawasaki Zx1100 . mint cond. Do not know much about these machines. I know Yamahas are very reliable. Tested a Yamaha XL750 but just did not have the performace. Are the Kawasaki good machines. trying to stay away from Seadoo.

Re: Zx1000

I ride an 1100 stx and love it. You will have to read up and make your own decision. Most people will always defend the ski that they ride to the grave , so you might get some biased opinions. Always check top retail before you buy. www.kbb.com

Comment

If The Price Is Fair To You Then Go For It. The Kawasaki 1100 Is A Good Reliable Engine. They Are Pretty Close To Yamaha In Performance And General Reliability. I Have Had A Few Kawi 1100 Over The Years And Were Relatively Satisified With Them. Just Be Sure To Water Test Before Purchase If At All Possible.
      WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

Re: Zx1100

Thanks for you info. They are asking 4k. its a 2000 bought in 2001, with trailer /vests/ cover & all service records. hardly used. it was used 2 times in salt but he said it was flushed and spayed down with WD40.
        Going to water test it Sat. Is there any thing else to look for?

Comment

The retail is $4030 www.kbb.com that is in perfect condition from the dealer. You might be able to take a little off, up to you. If possible check compression, do water test, and buy it. You will have a great time.

Comment

Yupp. Sownds Prety Furm To.

Comment

I did get the Zx1100 . test drove it today in four foot waves , still handled good. .very fast there is not a scratch on the machine like new!.
              I was wondering the best kind of oil to use? The old owner used kawi oil and gave me a gallon. Is any TCW 3 ok? I have a 225 Yamaha outboard on my boat. I use a synthetic TCW 3 and put in ring free a few time a year.

Comment

My advice is to stick with the Kawasaki oil (KawaChem). The High performance one. No sence in not spending the extra few dollars on the oil that is made for your machine. Usually the dealers will give you a 10% discount when you buy a case (4 gal).

Comment

Zx1000 hard start when cold?

Took The ski out the other day. Runs great and really holds the water in turns. Just seems a bit hard to start when cold. It takes a good 4-5 trys cranking for about 10-15 seconds with
                  choke on. Then took her out of the water. had about a 20 min drive. then tried to start it once more to flush out, and would not start with out putting the choke on?

Is this sound normal?

Comment

The Kawis Are Notorious For Hard Starting When Cold. Just The Design Of The Carbs. Install A Primer Kit. You Will Spend Alot Less Time Cranking And Wearing Out Your Starter.
                    WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

I've got a '98 1100STX that took forrrrevvvver to start when it was cold. I was constantly worried about killing the battery and burning out the starter. Put in a primer kit and it now starts nearly instantly. Hard to believe it's the same ski. The primer kits are about $40.00 and took me about 2 - 2 1/2 hours to put in. The hardest part was getting all of the choke parts off and retrieving the small parts I dropped in the hull.

Dave
                      Any technology, sufficiently advanced, will appear as magic.

Comment

Ok,Thanks for the info! where would I get one of those!

Comment

I got mine from the local Kawi dealer.

It's an after market part that I forget the brand name of right now. I think that they got it from "Parts Unlimited". I'm sure you could get it locally or from someone on the board here. You will need to know how many and what brand carbs are on you ski to order the right kit.
                          Dave
                          Any technology, sufficiently advanced, will appear as magic.

Comment

www.3dayparts.com

thats where I got mine, about $45.00 shipped to your front door.

Comment

I tried to install the primer kit. How did you get the choke linkage off? Do you have to separate the carbs? If I am reading correct the directions say to cut the brass bars with a hack saw???? The directions are not much help

Comment

Working...
                              X