(97-99) Stock GP1200 Topspeed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: (97-99) Stock GP1200 Topspeed?

I mean your angles are changed. Just leave it as is and ride.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Concerning "the idiot" and his speed modification its been my experience that your best top speed numbers are with the trim in neutral - not in the extreme bow up position. Would you agree TS.

Comment

With the '98+ nozzle, yes. With the '97, definitely the 1 click up or full up.

Comment

Wow! All This For 1 Mph Maybe.
          WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

1 MPH can mean the difference between winning or losing. I have a question for you guys. The Neutral trim position is the best position for speed? I have been playing around with the trims alot and noticed switching the trim all the way down (bow up) gives me the best top end in most conditions. Im going to try Neutral.

Comment

We're talking about actual speed - GPS/radar, not speedo.

Comment

I dont have GPS or Radar #s but regarding the 5 deg nozzle I ride on lakes but I never see glass conditions.
                I have a 97 0 deg and fastest speeds are with the nose trimed all the way up.
                I have a 99 5 deg and fastest speeds are in neutral trim position.
                I have not used the 99 extensively yet due to it being a recent purchase and current mechanical problems dut my experience so far is that the 0 deg is much better.
                The 99 bounces arround a lot in even small ripples.
                I have not yet adjusted the ride plate yet to fix this condition.
                It has washers in the back and none in the front.
                This seems wrong to me and I will try it with no washers,washers all the way arround and washers in front only.
                I think washers in front only might be the rite set up.
                SCOTT...

Comment

so Scott, do you think i should switch my 0 deg. nozzle on my 97 1200 to a 5 degree nozzle? or shoudl i just leave it as is...(i ride in lakes, yet dont always see glassy conditions really, and also i ride a lot in the ocean)...im assuming just keep it as is

Comment

just because the "dream-o-meter on the ski is reading a higher number, does not mean you are actually getting faster top-end speeds. The "dream-o-meter's" are notorius for giving inaccurate readings as the readout depends greatly on the angle of the water passing over the little wheel on the back of the ski. Raising the nose of the ski effects this angle and can (and usually does) increase the readout, but from my experience does little to increase actual top end speed (1mph tops). I can consistently get a 70+mph readout on my '97GP1200's dream-o-meter. But best reading 've ever gotten off my GPS was 61.8mph and that was with the trim in the middle/neutral position.

Comment

I'd Imagine though if you just went perfectly straight in glass water you would get somewhat of a accurate reading...
                      Mike
                      SSxi for sale looking for an 1100 ZXi

Comment

I dont go by stock gages my 99 says its going 67+mph
                        my 97 used to say 63/64mph.
                        Now I have modified it I have no gages.
                        I would say it was going 60 before modifying.
                        Until I fix the 99 I dont know for sure but I realy like the 97 with 0 deg,Bullet auto drop nozzle,Pro tec ride plate,Riva trim tabs and intake grate and Beach house sponsons.
                        I have an extra 0 deg nozzle that I can try on the 99 when I get it up and running.
                        I like the 0 deg but test against radar gps or at the verry least another boat in the same conditions.
                        I'm sure I can get the 99 to handle better but the 97 handles awesome.
                        If you are not staying in the water you are not getting speed so if you are bouncing arround you are going slow.
                        SCOTT...

Comment

If you are not staying in the water you are going slow.
                          My 99 5 deg up does not stay in the water and I will adjust the ride plate when I get it up and running.
                          My 97 0 deg set ups awesome.
                          When I had stock ride plate,sponsons,steering nozzle no trim tabs and intake grate it handled great.
                          Now it has Beach House sponsons Pro tec intake grate and ride plate Bullett auto drop nozzle it handles awesome.
                          If I loose .5 mph on glass (which I never see anyway)with this set up then thats ok because it keeps me in the water a lot more and I will get there a lot faster.
                          SCOTT...

Comment

Hello..

I have a GP1200 1997, but I can only get it up to max 50 mph(80 km/h).
                            Why? I have tried in all kinds of water, with less fuel and everything.. compared it with other pwcs and gps.

The most people can get their 97-99 up to at least 57+ mph, but mine stops at 50 mph max. What can be wrong?

Comment

Please help me :)

Comment

Working...
                              X