SBT Experience XL 1200- Lessons Learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBT Experience XL 1200- Lessons Learned

I just enjoyed Labor Day weekend thanks to SBT. The new engine is running smooth and ski runs like new. A few comments/recommendations for the SBT installation manual or others with and XL/GP 1200

1.) When swapping parts from the core to the new engine, make sure you swap over the exhaust manifold studs on the center cylinder. This is not explicit in the directions, and swapping them over on the bench is much easier than in the hull. (Instructions Addition)

2.) SBT motors come with the new upgraded powervalves installed. Having purchased Waveeater Clips based on the demise of my first engine, I was happy to find this fact out. SBT may want to publicize this on the website. With a D-Plate and their Powervalve initiative, I should be worry free.

3.) If you elect to maintain oil injection, and buy a new oil pump, be sure to swap the small extender tip from the old pump to the new. In a hurry to get my ski together, I didnt even notice the extender at first. This mistake caused me a month of summer riding and has made me proficient at removing an engine....not a good thing. That said, the SBT warranty took care of me, they were more than helpful, and turned around a new engine in two weeks...with hurricanes coming and going.

4.) Anyone who has to tow their ski should install a valve on the cooling water inlet to be shut when the ski is towed. I learned this fact the hard way following a 20 knot tow. With a little extra hose, I rigged a ball valve up in a easy to reach spot, in conjuction with a battery switch. When the valve is closed the key must be removed from the switch. This keeps you from starting it with the valve closed....now all you have to do is remember to shut the valve before towing!!

Thats it....

CTXL1200

Re: SBT Experience XL 1200- Lessons Learned

What happens if you tow a jetski without a cooling inlet shutoff valve? The engine isn't running so it shouldn't be a problem.
    I slept in a Holiday Inn last night:D

Comment

Re: SBT Experience XL 1200- Lessons Learned

You will fill the motor with water.
      Visit www.pwctoday.com for techical help

Comment

Working...
      X