Problems again...96 XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems again...96 XP

Alright so I thought I had this thing figured. I rebuilt the carbs. Replaced the needles and seats pop-off tested and working good. Then I took it down to Gunlock in St. George in UT. Worked like a charm, I couldnt have been happier.

Came home and this week I tried to goto Jordenelle and run it. It ran like crap. Just like it had before I rebuilt it all and spent $200 on it. I pulled the fuel filter setup and there was water sitting in the bottom of it. So I take it home pumped and cleaned the tank and pulled the carbs off and ran rubbing alcohol through them to be rid of any water. What else do you think might be wrong. I was once told that if the needles and seats even come in contact with H20 they are ruint. I sure hope not! Help Bill!

Re: Problems again...96 XP

Water doesn't hurt the N&S, but if you still had some int he tank and didn't remove it, that's what happens. If you're sure you got it ALL out of the tank this time, blew the fuel lines out, cleaned the filter and got it out of the carbs - should be good to go again.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Alright so I went through everything. I emptied the tank, carbs, lines and filter. So now I dont think its a water problem. But I when I got it on the lake it wouldnt go above 4k rpms???? I have new plugs. Carbs are newly rebuilt with new n/s's. Gas is good, running 88 octane. Battery is good, running 13+ on a VOM test. Compression is good, tested it out a couple weeks ago. What the heck? I just cant figure this thing. What electronics could be bad that might cause this?

Comment

Oh carbs are set good to. 1.25 bottom and 0 top. Idles at 1500 ish in water and 3000 out. Its all where it should be.

Comment

What is the difference in altitude between those two lakes?
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Ok so I know that SLC is like almost 4000 feet in altitude. As for st. george it is probably around a thousand or so less than here. but is that really going to prevent the ski from revving up to 6800 rpms? I know the more oxygen and gas you put through an engine the faster it runs. But should this thing really run like crap up here? I mean there are plenty of others running fine just not mine.

What can I do to make it rev up higher? It is stuck at 4800 and just bogs down in turns and flat water. like its loading up almost. but its not. it has a new pump and impeller and carb rebuild.

Comment

Working...
            X