1100 stx compression?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 stx compression?

What is the proper cylinder compression for a '99 Kawasaki 1100 stx? I am getting #1-110, #2-120, #3-120. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: 1100 stx compression?

Your #1 is 10 lbs. low
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

i had an 1100 and the same problem was on #2 cyl. it was 10# low. then 15# low then 20# low. over about a 2 week period. finally pulled the head and found the damage. better pull it now before anymore damage is done.

Comment

what kind of damage should I be looking for when I take off the head. With it only being 10 lbs. is it that important, and lets say that it is a piston ring or something like that, are you able to remove it without disassembeling whole engine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

You are not likely to see anything by removing the head. Yes the engine has to come out for tear down and repair or replacement. The cylinders need to be off to see what's going on.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

You May Be Able To See Some Types Of Damage With A Head Removal. Such As A Broken Ring That Has Gotten On Top Of The Piston And Damaged It. I Agree That The Best Way To Determine The Extent Of All The Damage And The Problem Is To Tear Down Completly. The Only Thing It Will Do Is Get Worse. It Is Alot Better To Catch It Early Then Keep Running And Risk More Potential Damage To Other Componets If Any Debris Travels Throught The Engine From A Broken Part.
            WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

Working...
            X