information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• information

After tuning up my waveraider 1100 it ran great for about 6 tanks of gas. It then became difficult to start and when I was able to it it to start it would run for a short while and I was only able to keep it running by playing with the choke. I would pull it out half way and it would pick up speed and run good,3/4 speed, then push it in 7/8 of the way in to keep it running. Felt like I had a fuel problem since playing with the choke allowed it to keep running. Pulled plugs and verified plugs were sparking. Fuel pump was pumping therefore next step was to rebuild carbs. By happenstance I noticed plugs were br8hs -10, when purchased I took these after giving the parts guy the correct number and was not sharp enough to notice the slight difference, put in the correct plugs and ran like a champ. Moral, check the simple things first.

Re: information

First, install the right type of plugs.

Second, it sounds like you have a partially blocked fuel filter: either the main one or the small ones located in each of the carbs (located under the pump cover on the side of the carb). Its dangerous to continue to run the engine this way as you can lean it out and seize a piston.

Comment

Working...
    X