Rideplate intake grate question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rideplate intake grate question

Saw a high performance r& d ride plate and r&d intake grate for sale somewhere, was wondering what kind of performance gain would be noticed between the 2. with a high performance intake grate because of teh scoop,wont u also have a better risk of scooping up unwanted things in the water ie. leaves, seaweed, bags, other crap...?

btw this is for my kawasaki ssxi
    Mike
    SSxi for sale looking for an 1100 ZXi

Re: Rideplate intake grate question

I purchased an intake grate for my 1100 stx. It actually slowed it down on smoth water, not much but a little. The biggest difference is in the handleing
    I mean night and day. I will now happily trade the top end for the extra handleing. The ride plate I dont know much about, but I hear it helps alot with porposing. I would invest in an after market impeller. That will give you top end. Hope this helped.

Comment

Re: Rideplate intake grate question

Them Ss Models Have A Narrow Intake Duct. The Scoop Grate Will Help A Little On The Hole Shot And Handling But Will Give A Noticable Decrease In Top Speed On These Models. As Far As The Ride Plate It Depends On Which One. There Are Several Different Models. Most Extended Plates If Installed Correctly Will Minimize The Porpoising That The Ss Models Are Known For.
      WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

Working...
      X