Im New Help me out (flush port)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im New Help me out (flush port)

I just aquired a 1995 WaveVenture 700 (WVT700T) and i have looked all over for the flush port, and i cant find it... i think its on the rear right side somewhere... But no luck....

I have heard of other people complaining of Their LCD screens forming a black halfmoon (like the lcd cracked) after a long storage with no battery... im just thinking its cracked....

also the guy that gave it to me had it sitting in the water on a floating dock for the last 2+ years... i got it home cleaned it up.. the impeller was caught up so i freed it up and it started right away.. but the bearing is all crapped up, and loud.. how would that come apart? Or does it not...

thanks for your help! its my first ski and im going to do all the basics, plugs, clean gas tank, lubing, filters.....

but that flush port is killing me!!!!

Jay

Re: Im New Help me out (flush port)

The flush port on a yamaha is usually under the seat either on the engine, or mounted to the fiberglass.

Regarding the bearing, have someone with more experience take a listen. Sometimes an impeller rubbing in it's sleeve can sound like something is wrong when it is basically fine.

Comment

I've got a '96 Venture 700, and it did not come with a built-in flush port. Not sure about the '95 models, but your best bet may be to add an after-market kit for about $12.

You can get one from:
      http://www.parkeryamaha.com/index.as...D&ProdID=17484
      "Helping you make smart choices about your money - so you can live a better life."

Comment

ok i bought the flush kit... but i have no idea where it goes in.... thats the prob.. the instructions talk about a flush port.. it refers me to the owners manual which i donr have...

and i pulled the impeller and shaft... so know that its not rubbing on anything..

Comment

When you're standing on the starboard side of the ski, looking over the motor, the flush port should be at the end of the head on your left.
          "Helping you make smart choices about your money - so you can live a better life."

Comment

Assuming that you bought a complete flush kit...And it came with both sides of the coupler and a Y type connector to tie into your water line.

Coming off of the pump near the viens,there is a water pickup port with a hose coming off of it.Follow that hose through the hull and into the engine compartment.That is the hose that you want to tie in to.Cut the hose at a reasonable location as to where you can access the coupler once installed.And place the Y connector so that the flow from your garden hose will flow in the direction of the motor.

GL
            Visit www.pwctoday.com for techical help

Comment

I think it depends on the type of flush kit he purchased, skraggy.

He may have the type with the nipple that screws into the flush port on the head. If so, all he has to do is unscrew the flush port plug, screw on the nipple, and attach the plastic hose to the nipple with a hose clamp.

The flush port plug should be located on the end of the head (not the top) that faces the rear of the ski.

Comment

thats what im looking for... the flush port on the head... i have the nipple that screws in... im going to look again...

i would think it should be pretty clear where it is...... but im having probs finding it

Comment

On my 650 motor, it's a slotted screw head near the rear of the block on the port side.

Comment

lol, i have just forgotten about this for now... and i cant find any info about it on the net... i guess this is not a popular ski...
                    i went to one of the yamaha parts catologs and found a "flush Port Plug" for $7 bucks... would that be what im looking for?

Comment

Jaybone, the engine in your ski (if it's the original stock engine) is one of the most popular and durable engines Yamaha has ever made. Yes, you are looking for the "flush port plug".

It's no. 19 on this link: http://216.37.204.203/yamaha_OEM/Yam...pe=13&A=43&B=3

If you can't find it after weeks of looking, I suggest taking it to a local shop or asking one of your friends for help. Often, a different pair of eyes is all that's needed.

Comment

Working...
                      X