Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 GTX broken fuel guage

The fuel guage in my 93 doesn't work.

I removed the guage from the dash and have it loose. I'm not sure if I have a fault in the guage or in the fuel sending unit. How do I bench test the actual guage? And, what is the proper way to bench test the sending unit?

I want to make sure I'm buying the right part...no sense in wasting money on both if I only need one or the other!

BTW, I don't see a fuse for the gas guage...am I wrong??

Re: 93 GTX broken fuel guage

Pull the sending unit out and see if the float or the magnet on the float has fallen out the bottom of the sending unit. There should be a plastic screen/cap on the end of the sending unit. Most often it has come apart and is in the gas tank.

If you cross jump the wires in the fuel guage connector, the guage should read full, meaning it will work and you have a sender problem.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Originally posted by Bill O'Neal2
      Pull the sending unit out and see if the float or the magnet on the float has fallen out the bottom of the sending unit. There should be a plastic screen/cap on the end of the sending unit. Most often it has come apart and is in the gas tank.

If you cross jump the wires in the fuel guage connector, the guage should read full, meaning it will work and you have a sender problem.
      Bill...

Which two wires are you refering to at the guage? There is a large connector that hooks into the craft's wiring harness, then there's a small harness that plugs into the sending unit. Also, does the guage need 12 volts going to it before it can sweep the guage?

Thanks!!

Comment

The two wire connector. Cross the wires. The guage gets power when you press the start button because it is series wired with the other guages.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
        X