problem with coil #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with coil #2

I noticed that on the ski that there was no spark on cyl # 2. I hooked up an electrical meter and was getting no voltage after the coil, but I was getting voltage before the coil. So I ordered a new coil to replace the old one. My question is, when I pulled the coil off of the spark plug wire I noticed that there was some sort of glue holding the wire in the coil, it is on all three coils. Do I need to put glue back on the wire to hold it in, or should I leave it alone and not put any glue. If I do need glue what kind should I use? I know that epoxy and super glue will probably eat away the plastic of the coil. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Re: problem with coil #2

I don't think you need to, if it starts coming off then yes. Are you sure it wasn't some type of grease?
    Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
    2002-1100STX DI
    2004-15F
    2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

no, I dont think that it was grease. It looked like it was superglue, it appeared to be clear. I will not put any in and wait to see if anything happens. Thanks

Comment

this may be some type of silicone.... is it rubbery????

Originally posted by 1100 stxer
        I noticed that on the ski that there was no spark on cyl # 2. I hooked up an electrical meter and was getting no voltage after the coil, but I was getting voltage before the coil. So I ordered a new coil to replace the old one. My question is, when I pulled the coil off of the spark plug wire I noticed that there was some sort of glue holding the wire in the coil, it is on all three coils. Do I need to put glue back on the wire to hold it in, or should I leave it alone and not put any glue. If I do need glue what kind should I use? I know that epoxy and super glue will probably eat away the plastic of the coil. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Silicone ignition grease is clear. It's also not a bad idea, seeing as how it might get wet.

Comment

Working...
          X