Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

951 ready for winter, I gets down to 20 here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 951 ready for winter, I gets down to 20 here!

951 winterizing,

Ok, I just took the hose off of the Head and installed a short piece that my funnel would fit into. I poured 1 gal of antifreeze down the hose and it ran out the back of the ski. I recovered about 1/2 gal back into the container. I did NOT pinch off any hoses as I could not find a post that tells you what hoses to pinch. I did however pour enough through it to make sure it has antifreeze.

I then removed the short hose and pour some more antifreeze through the black hose I was reconnecting. It came right out the back as soon as I poured it.

1 Did I do this correctly? I already flushed fogged and air dried the ski.

2. How do I know if any antifreeze entered the muffler and exhaust pipe?

3. I removed the battery and I am storing the ski without the seat on it.

4. I sprayed the engine down with silicone spray and I also put 2 capfuls of pure oil in each clyinder and turn the motor over with out the wires attached.

5. Is there anything I need to do that I missed?

Ski is stored inside a garage with seat off

6. I know everyone hates this Ski because of the bad rep, but I want to keep it nice and running. I have saw these ski's on ebay and nobody bids on them...They dont really know what they are missing.

thanks for the Help.

:)
    Last edited by BlackBird1; 10-20-2004, 05:57 PM.
    1997.5 Seadoo GSX(the one nobody likes)

Re: 951 ready for winter, I gets down to 20 here!

Its easier to winterize if you while your fogging you use a special hose adapter to hooked to the garden hose intake and hook the other end to your anti-freeze jug and squeeze the jug until anti-freeze comes out the jet/cooling system output.

Comment

Don't you think it might make some sense to pinch off the hose that the antifreeze ran out of, so that the antifreeze will stay in the clyinders for the winter?

The muffler is never quite half full of water, so it has plenty of room for expansion should it freeze.
      Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

Re: 951 ready for winter, BILL!!!!!

does the 97.5 GSX limited need a hose pinched? I poured about a Quart of antifreeze in the head before any ran out the rear of ski, the hose that I poured it into later that I disconnected in order to pour antifreeze into the engine through the head was where it ran straight out of, remember I did this hose last.

I took the hose off the head and put a short peice of hose on the head with a funnel in it.

I then poured antifreeze into the funnel and filled the engine until it ran out of the rear, this took about a quart to do. At that time I removed the hose and then poured a little more down the black hose going to the rear of the ski that orginaly connected to the head. I tighted that hose back up.

This is what I am asking about? There was no hose I found to pinch. Are there a Hose I need to pinch or did I do this right?

This is a 97.5 GSX Limited!
        1997.5 Seadoo GSX(the one nobody likes)

Comment

There is a smaller 3/8ths inch clear plastic hose that is for draining the water from the clyinders. It runs from the clyinders to the plastic thru hull exhaust fitting at the rear of the hull. Pinch it.
          Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

Working...
          X