650 only running on 2 cylinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 650 only running on 2 cylinders

It is a good idea after you assemble the carb to connect the pop off gauge to the fuel inlet, block the return and pump up to 15psi. It should hold this pressure with no problem. If it leaks then you have a bad needel or misadjusted arm/diaphram problem.

I also use it to check the fuel pump diaphram to make sure it hold 10psi for sevaral min.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

I ran into the same problem with sbt's carb rebuild kits.... diaphrams were way to stiff compared to the oem diaphrams. They caused problems with the engine being flooded with fuel and oil. Also, I ended up getting new springs directly from a polaris dealer.... 7 bux a piece but better than taking the whole thing apart again.....

Comment

We have not had that issue with the SBN kits for over a year. Every part is now 100% oem spec.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I agree. Every kit I have got this year has worked great in any SBN carb.

Comment

hmmm...maybe I got one of the older kits, because they were way different than the Mikuni ones. All I did was pull the SBT diaphragms and put in the Mikunis' to fix my problem. Curious.
            Got Wake!

Comment

did it have a red or siver button on the diaphram? silver are the old ones.

Comment

glad to hear that sbt supposedly fixed the problem with the carb kits. too bad its too late for me lol. I have had nothing but good experiences with them for the engine and the service though!

Comment

Working...
                X