Looking for Loctite 243, only find Permatex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Loctite 243, only find Permatex

I've been looking for Loctite 243. All I've seen in the auto part stores is Permatex Blue in tube and bottle. Is this the same stuff? I want it for fuel rail bolts and the oil filter bolt. Also, what is molycote 111? Is it in a squeeze tube? Is there a substitute?

Re: Looking for Loctite 243, only find Permatex

Loctite is a brand name of Permatex - same stuff.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

What about molkote 111 for the ignition coil / spark plug boots. Is that a grease or like RTV sicone sealant. Is there a substitute? The only parts stores we have are NAPA, Auto Zone, Advance Auto, and Pep Boys. I can see myself riding around a lot to find.

Comment

Permatex is the consumer brand, Loctite is the industrial brand.

You sure the oil filter bolt requires loctite? I'll have to re-read my manual.

Can't help you on the molykote but I believe it is a grease and not sealant. Where do you see that spec'd?

http://216.37.204.202/seadoo_oem/Sea...e=13&A=134&B=4

Link to online parts shows using engine oil instead of the other stuff so does the '03 shop manual. I may have misunderstood the question.

Comment

>What about molkote 111 for the ignition coil / spark plug boots. Is that a grease or like RTV sicone sealant<
          I am sure this is a dielectric grease. Any waterproof, dielectric grease should be OK.
          I don't recall anywhere seeing that you should use Loctite on the oil filter bolt.

Comment

You're right! I went back and looked. I'm not sure where I got the idea I needed loctite on the filter bolt. I got the Molykote from the fogging tech article: http://server1.sbtontheweb.com/foru...ead.php?t=14046

Comment

I'm also looking for Loctite 192 for the plug on the pump of my 96 SPX Sea Doo. All I could find is by Permatex and it's Threadlocker Blue. Would this be alright to use?

Comment

dundeels I've been using loctite PST for about 10 years on the pump cone plug. Personally, I wouldn't use the loctite blue. Maybe someone else has used it with good results.

You sure that loctite spec is 192? My recollection is 592 but I don't trust my brain like I once did.

"...coil connector edges" Yes that is dielectric grease as stated earlier.

Comment

Working...
                X