650sx aftermarket carb and exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 650sx aftermarket carb and exhaust

hey im knida new to this sport but ive been ridding my 88 650sx for about a year now, i want to install a new exhaust and a new carb. i was thinking of a factory pipe and a keihin 42mm carb, will these be good parts? and what will i have to do to get the carb to work on my stock engine?
    lastly, what is a good company to purchase the carb from?

Re: 650sx aftermarket carb and exhaust

you should check out this site www.aquasports.net if you plan on doing any mods to your ski. the pipe and carb upgrade will wake the engine up. the pipe is just bolt on and requires no special tuning unless it comes w/water injection (highly recommended) and the carb, well the carb will fit a 91 (i think but the site will tell you) or later intake manifold but not a earlier model. or in other words, it will not bolt up to a black intake manifold but it will bolt up to a silver one but even the silver one will need to be "matched" to the new carb bore diameter or it would just be a waste of money.

i have a 650 w/larger carb and exhaust as well. the best set up i've found is stock compression w/short exhaust pipe, water injection and the 42mm kehin carb. along with some other stuff (like in the aquasports kit) will really be very fast, but i wanted to run 87 oct and the other kit wont allow it.
    cameron "da river rat"<br />3x pro runabout 720 engine blower!<br />(jetskianist~adictionist~modificationist)

Comment

Working...
    X