Virage TXi problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virage TXi problems

I have a 2001 Virage TXi. I bought it used with only 3 hours on it. The ski ran great until recently (the ski now has 20 hours on it.) On the water, it idles fine, but as it gets on plane (mid speed) it seems to run rough and miss. At full throttle it intermittently stumbles, like the ignitiion cut out for a millisecond. It runs close to top speed (55-60mph) but I don't like the way it's acting. Could water in the fuel cause this problem? I guess it wouldn't idle so smoothly... unless the fuel pickup is only at the lowest point when the ski gets up on plane?

The plugs on this ski are black, but the plugs on my other 01 TXi look identical and that ski runs great.
    Fuel pressure is steady at 22psi.
    The ride before the ski started acting up, my brother said he had to reset the fuel pump circuit breaker, although that probably has nothing to do with it.

I have the service manual for the ski, but it refers to the FICHT diagnostic software (that I don't have) a lot.
    Has anyone got any insight into my dilemma?
    Last edited by keyscobra; 12-07-2004, 06:54 PM. Reason: typo error

Re: Virage TXi problems

Well the Txi's were all a little tempermental. I would take it into a Polaris dealer that knows what he is doing. It sounds to me like the EMM( engine computer) is bad. I have worked on a few with the same problem that you are describing.

Good Luck.

Comment

I had a similar problem. The ski would run great to about 45mph, then start to cut out, sputter, and die if i pushed it. After two dealers and 4 weeks I figured out the problem. The fuel line was week in a spot and would collapse and cut out at high rpms. The fuel line was replaced and all is well. It about drove me crazy because I had only about 20 hours on the ski.

Good luck, Monte

Comment

Slightly off the topic, but does anyone know if the TXi has a fuel filter? I have traced fuel lines around and can't find one. My ski has 100 hours on it and I feel guilty about not changing something in the fuel path. I do plugs every now and then and feed it Polaris Gold oil, but beyond that not much else.

What do you think this craft would be worth for resale now? It is a 2001 with 100 hours and is in great shape. I have a 97 GTX, also with 100 hours, and I need to get rid of one of them. I don't know which way to go as each has advantages and disadvantages.

Comment

Originally posted by keyscobra
          I have a 2001 Virage TXi. I bought it used with only 3 hours on it. The ski ran great until recently (the ski now has 20 hours on it.) On the water, it idles fine, but as it gets on plane (mid speed) it seems to run rough and miss. At full throttle it intermittently stumbles, like the ignitiion cut out for a millisecond. It runs close to top speed (55-60mph) but I don't like the way it's acting. Could water in the fuel cause this problem? I guess it wouldn't idle so smoothly... unless the fuel pickup is only at the lowest point when the ski gets up on plane?

The plugs on this ski are black, but the plugs on my other 01 TXi look identical and that ski runs great.
          Fuel pressure is steady at 22psi.
          The ride before the ski started acting up, my brother said he had to reset the fuel pump circuit breaker, although that probably has nothing to do with it.

I have the service manual for the ski, but it refers to the FICHT diagnostic software (that I don't have) a lot.
          Has anyone got any insight into my dilemma?
          believe it or not the same thing happened to me we solds it and bought 2 new seadoos never had any problems with them

Comment

The TPS has gone bad. 99.99% of all TXi problems that involve rough mid-range "stumble" are caused by a bad TPS. It is $99 and a 5 minute fix by the owner.

Comment

Working...
            X