gp1200r steering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gp1200r steering?

I was just out in the garage and while moving the skis around, noticed the steering on my gpr is "locked up". I removed it from the trim and fromt he handlebars and as far as I can tell its the steering cable. It worked fine last time I took it out( in sep, in fresh water). The only thing i can think of is the steering nozzle got jammed up against the work bench and that pushed in the steering cable further than it was supposed to. I did put it right into the corner to get the most room. Other than that, any ideas? Strange that corrosion would show up all of a sudden. thanks.

Re: gp1200r steering?

Pretty common. Mine did that after some time, and my trim is locked up at this very moment. It was fine the last time out as well. Time for a new cable.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: gp1200r steering?

I came up with a little trick for freeing up rusted cables. with the cable removed from the ski, loosely clamp the nut of the adjuster on the cable in the edge of a vise. After spraying it with WD-40, use a claw hammer to slowly pull the cable by putting the end of the cable in the claw (like the head of a nail)

A few cycles back and forth including more oil will have the cable in working order. It may not be possible in all cases, but for trim it is definitely worth not having to buy a new cable.

Comment

Working...
      X