Eliminate the 'Yamaha' Rooster Tail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eliminate the 'Yamaha' Rooster Tail

Is it possible to eliminate the 'Yamaha' rooster tail? When the kids are tubing the rooster tail gets them right in the face. I would think that it would be as simpel as installing a 90 degree fitting where the water for teh rooster tail comes out of. Would this hurt anything? Does anyone make a fitting that fits in & does not restrict flow?
    2004 Yamaha FX HO

Re: Eliminate the 'Yamaha' Rooster Tail

You could just remove the hose from the "rooster tail fitting" and find a cap to install over the pump fitting.

Comment

Will elimination of the 'rooster tail' hurt performance, cooling or anything else?
      2004 Yamaha FX HO

Comment

No.

Comment

I think it will void the warranty, won't it?

j/k :-)

Comment

It shouldn't but to be on the safe side you could hook it back up before
            taking it to the dealer.

Comment

Funny, you want to take yours off to keep it out of your kids face, and I want a longer hose on mine so I can shoot my kids in the face (and anyone else who I think needs it)

Comment

Originally posted by YamaHP
                Funny, you want to take yours off to keep it out of your kids face, and I want a longer hose on mine so I can shoot my kids in the face (and anyone else who I think needs it)
                In the summer I aggree. In december (even in Florida) the 'extra' water when they were tubing was too much!
                2004 Yamaha FX HO

Comment

I solved the problem with a small ball valve placed in the hose. I actually replaced the hose with a plastic high pressure air hose to save the original Yammy hose.

I used a couple of zip clip blocks (like they use inside the ski to hold zip clips) to hold the hose steady against the hull.

Now I can have the rooster tail on or off at the flick of a small valve lever under the rear deck ...

I have a pic I can send to someone if they could post it in the thread ?

Anthony
                  Yamaha 05 FXHO Cruiser - 100.5 hrs

Comment

Working...
                  X