Turns over but no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turns over but no spark

I got it to turn over but have no spark, how do I troubleshoot for spark, ive already disabled the kill switch so i know that's not part of the problem. Id like to make sure the stator plate and coils down there are doing their thing, any idea what to look for? then theres the regulator/rectifier unit, then the CDI, then the spark plug coil, and spark plug wires, any ideas where to start? from the spark plugs and work my way back or from the stator plate and work my way forward.... help appreciated, ive ran numerous searches on here and I cant quite find the exact info i need on using a multimeter to test these components. Thanks again in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Re: Turns over but no spark

UPDATE, in case anyone is looking for this stuff i managed to find out that i should be testing for.....

3.65ohms between brown and black (charger)
    1.4 ohms between white/red and black (pulser)
    .09 ohms between green and green (lighting)

actual readings were close
    3.5ohms on BR/BL
    1.4ohms on Wred/BL
    .14ohms on GR/GR

sooooo, anyone know if im ok or in need of some stator parts? If im ok, id like to check the rectifier next, could anyone let me know what im looking for there? thanks again in advance for any help given.

this is for a wr650r - 93 waverunner 650 (engine code 6m6)

Comment

Your test numbers are all well within the limits.
      Bill O'Neal <br>
      WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

awesome thanks bill, where do I go from here about testing the rectifier and the spark plug coil? some values would be awesome man. If i get her going again ill be sure and buy something from ya, one thing i know im gonna need is parts and patience.

I know you are probably thinking i should buy a shop manual but heres my situation, i was given this thing for free and its basically in pieces, im trying to put it back together because i hate to see something go into disrepair like this. I am willing to throw the money into it to a certain point, probably 5 or 600 but after that it might be pointless, i already need all the steering controls, including the nozzle. Also missing the flame arrestor and cover. Need a trailer too, had to carry it into my expedition to get it here, lol. So im trying to avoid the 50 dollar manual until i can pin down how much electronics i need and get an accurate idea of what the total cost will be to make it run again and I know what im getting into. Thanks i just feel bad about seeming cheap, lol, never had a jetski before and am trying hard to get this one to start again.

Comment

well my rectifier seems to be shot, as well as the CDI and the spark plug coil. So where do i get those cheap?

Comment

Mine would turn over but no spark and it turned out to be the cdi.

Comment

Working...
            X