TigerShark Monte carlo 1000 triple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TigerShark Monte carlo 1000 triple

I just bouight this 97 1000 triple from a guy on ebay and am having some troubles with it. It has been sitting up for sometime now according to the guy I bought it from. The guy said the carbs needed to be rebuilt, after playing with the ski for a bit I could get it to kick over a couple times and then it would stop and just go like it wasnt getting any fuel. I tried for a good 4 or 5 hours without having any luck getting it started. Everytime I pulled the plugs it showed water on the end of them. My question is? Why would there be water on the plug and where can I get the rebuild kit for these carbs so I can get in the water before it gets any colder? :) Thanks

Re: TigerShark Monte carlo 1000 triple

You better spin that motor over without any sparkplugs in it and see if the engine has water inside of it. Unless you have a garden hose connected and running water into the motor, where is that water coming from???
    Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

I have the exact same shark as you...great power too with a nice top speed :)

He may have flipped it in the lake and took on water through the carbs or....These things are prone to backing up with water if they were not flushed properly. Proper Procedure, like all, is to get them running, turn on the hose....run it....turn off the hose, then turn off the machine. If the motor was stopped before the hose was turned off it can back up with water. The last guy that owned mine did this and I had the same thing happen.

I turned it over and it just sputtered. I pulled the plugs thinking they were fouled and noted water beeded up on them. Didn't think too much of it but turned the motor over without the plugs in and had a gaiser of water exit the plug holes leaving a nice stain on the roof of my garage. I turned the thing over until water (and water mist) stopped spraying out.....it took a long time so make sure the battery is good. From there I put in new plugs and it fired right up. I ran it good in my driveway and got it to the lake ASAP and ran it HARD to burn up and dry any of the water left in the motor.

Either way......you must get it running ASAP to prevent the bearings from seizing up. If its turning over thats a good sign on its own... I had a 2 stroke dirt bike take on water and within days the crank bearings were seized solid-couldn't even kick it over...the thing is still in pieces on my bench.

On a flip side though the water in mine sat in the cylinders for longer than I care to say and I think my saving grace was that it did not get pushed beyond the rings so the bearings were saved and nothing got seized up. I doubt the carbs would pevent it from starting completely so try getting the water out and getting it running to save any major problems....then worry about the carbs...

Just my two cents, for what its worth.

Any Arctic Cat dealer can get you the rebuild kits, they are the same motors used in their sleds.

- Kurt

Comment

Does anyone know where I can get a set of rebuilt carbs? I find these carbs a royal pain in the rear end and really didnt think much of these carbs until I took a further look at them and seen they were mikuni carbs. So I figured no big deal right? They cant be any worst than my dirtbike mikunis? Yeah NOT!!!! Man these carbs are a pain in the AZZZ. I am wondering if anyone knows of anyone who rebuilds these carbs? If so please let me know here. Also I took this silly ski and turned the motor over and over without getting rid of the water. I have turned it over so much I was afraid of burning up the starter. I am beginning to think that this ski has a sheared key because of the way it turns over and then backfires? Any idea why this would happen? I live in charleston sc. and am looking for someone to simply take ths ski and get it running for me at a reasonable price. Let me know if anyone knows where this can happen. Thanks again.

Comment

Key would not be sheared as it would not turn over. I had to stand there holding that start button for ever too. Just get it so your palm barely feels any moisture coming out of the spark plug hole, with a new plug it should start and burn up any of the left over moisture in there,

as for your carbs I have no idea..I am in Vancouver, BC.

Try this Tigershark forum, as its more active:

http://www.pwctoday.com/viewforum.ph...18cb6ce07f27f6

Comment

I can rebuild them as most jetski shops. If you are haveing a lot of trouble getting it running you could always bring it to my shop in Charlotte. I am a certified "SharkMaster" and have worked on the since they came out but just keep that to yourself I don't want to ruin my rep. Anyway I work on all brands of ski's and can help you if needed my email is rkeller4@bellsouth.net.
            Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Well heres what I had to do to get my TS up and running finally. After cussing at the machine for a good bit I would turn the motor over and over with the machine only locking up when it got to the compression stage and fuel air mixture being on time. I could feel this engine lock when it would try to start. I firgured after turning the engine over for over 30 minutes the water in each cylinder were gone to satifaction, so rather than burn out my good starter I decided to pull the carbs. I did this and two of the diaphrams were bad. I put new ones in. After doing this I pulled the primer apart and found it to be clogged so I blew it out and replace the plunger on it also. After all this I figured hey now were getting somewhere!!!!!!! After turning it over and over with nothing but lock up from premature firing I got nothing but fire before fuel everytime. So I went and pulled the flywheel and stator and found that the flywheel key had been sheered just as suspected. I replaced the key and whamo fired up and runs like a mofo. Thank You All who helped. Now its time for me to go and hit the water here in charleston sc as its about 77 degrees today in the beginning of jan. WOOOO HOOOOOO

I guess someone knows I want to go ride the waves really bad and they know that I was gonna do it in the middle of winter or not so instead they decided to make it nice for me :D

Comment

Working...
              X