question for SBT Waveventure 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for SBT Waveventure 1100

Ok so I have had my Venture 1100 since June 04. It runs perfect except for the unsual slight bog down when you nail the throttle. If I am correct just turn in the idle ajustments 1/8 of a turn and this should correct this ???

But my main question is this :

I owed a Waveblaster 760 for a few months and man that thing litterally came out of the water when you nailed the throttle. I mean I could get it to jump completely out of the water. Now I know they have a smaller pitch impeller gearing the thrust down which in turn takes out your high end.

The Venture is much bigger, longer and heavier and of course doesn't come out of the water and it cavitates just a hair when you nail it which if I am correct they are common for doing this.

Should I take the money and put a solas impeller on it with the R&D Intake grate ?? Will this make that big of a difference on the Venture 1100 with it being such a big ski. I mean top end the ski runs perfectly smooth and fast at around 55mph and sometimes 56mph on the somewhat correct speedometer.

Or is there something else I can do to this ski to make it really really out perform ??

Thanks again,

Chad
    sigpic
    Chad C
    Mauldin, SC
    2007 FX Cruiser

Re: question for SBT Waveventure 1100

Chad, An impeller and grate will pratically eliminate your cavatation and give a noticeable improvement in bottom end acceleration, rough water hookup, and will yield a little top end speed. Check the condition of your impeller housing which may be causing some of your cavatation problem.
    Seal up the new grate with some good sealant and you will have an excellent combo.
    As far as the carbs, due to the age of the ski, it may be wise to spend the time to pull the carbs and check them out.
    Feel free to call and can make some recomendations on the parts.
    www.ISLANDRACINGPERFORMANCE.com

www.ISLANDRACING.net

Comment

Re: question for SBT Waveventure 1100

anymore ideas ????
      sigpic
      Chad C
      Mauldin, SC
      2007 FX Cruiser

Comment

Working...
      X