This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 Seadoo Gtx Oil Question!!!!!!

HEY GUYS I HAVE A 97 GTX SEADOO I JUST PICKED UP,IT SAYS IN MY OWNERS MANUAL TO USE SYNTHETIC OIL OR YOU WILL DO DAMAGE TO THE 787 ENGINE!!SHOULD I DRAIN OFF THE NORMAL ROTAX OIL HE HAS BEEN BURNING IN THERE OR JUST USE IT UP AND PUT IN SYNTHETIC,WHAT ABOUT CLEANING THE TANK OUT I HEARD YOUR NOT SUPPOSE TO MIX OIL IN THEN TANK,SOME PEOPLE TELL ME THAT NORMAL OIL ROTAX OIL IS FINE ,ANY HELP PLEASE,ALSO THE SKI HAS 200 HRS ON IT ,I THINK IT HAS BEEN REBUILT BECAUSE THE COMPRESSION TEST READS 150PSI.,HOW

LONG IS A TWO STROKE MOTOR GOOD FOR TILL IT NEEDS A REBUILD,I ALSO HEAR GREAT THING ABOUT THE 97 GTX MODEL AS BEING AN EXCELLENT SKI!!!IS THAT TRUE ??ANY OPINIONS PLEASE!!THANKS

Re: 1997 Seadoo Gtx Oil Question!!!!!!

Ive got a 97 GTX and it is a great reliable 3seater. I use the synthetic oil rather that the mineral. I have heard that you can use the mineral but the synthetic is better to run. ALso i have 120 hrs on it and it has never had a rebuild. Although I would reccomend a carb rebuild and rave valve rebuild.

Thx
    Brett

Comment

Re: 1997 Seadoo Gtx Oil Question!!!!!!

I run synthetic in my 97 gtx works great. Do your self a favor and pull the rave valves every 50 and clean them. I tear my valves all the way apart and clean them.

Comment

Working...
      X