Carb Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Questions

I have a 98 STX with the stock carbs. Which part in the carbs are refered to as the fuel pump?

Re: Carb Questions

go to www.buykawasaki.com and you can view parts diagrams for your ski.

Comment

On a 98' STX the fuel pump is mounted part of the rear carb. It is the part that has the fuel and pulse lined connected to it.
      Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Yes.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

What is the function of the diaphrams at the bottom of each carb? Is that the float control to shut the flow of fuel off when the bowl is full? I have fuel flowing through the carbs and out the return but the engine will shut off above 6600 rpms every 30 seconds or so then pick back up. It will not shut off below that. I have cleaned the fuel tank, filters, ( I added a second filter to store extra fuel) and carbs and disconnected sensors etc, yet this problem remains. Could the fuel pump diaprahm or the other diaphrams become weak and cause this? Any thoughts, ideas and or solutions appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

I am not expert at this... But could the extra fuel filter be adding too much restriction on the fuel?? Where your carbs dont have enough pressure to pull the fuel through 2 filter elements?

You can get a fuel pump rebuild kit. I beleive SBT sells them too.
            Dan Solie -
            04 RXP (the "Instigator")
            94 xp (freestyle mods)
            95 xp (faster than the 94)
            JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Try putting a restrictor jet in the fuel return line to the tank.
              Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

It sounds like your not getting enough fuel to the engine. This will damage the engine and cause you to need a rebuild. Do not ride it like this long until you get the problem fixed.

Here are some places to check.

1. Internal jets in the carbs for trash and correct size if unknown.
                2. Fuel pump diaphram is weak. It should be flat and not distorted.
                3. Fuel line or fittings clogged or letting air in. Pressure test.
                4. Fuel filter clogged. Remove or replace to test.
                5. Fuel valve clogged or not opening alll the way. You can bypass it.
                6. Fuel pickup in tank clogged.
                7. Fuel return line clogged. blow threw.
                8. Pulse line to fuel pump either cracked or loose.
                Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
                X