Kawasaki STX-15F vs Yamaha Fx cruiser HO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki STX-15F vs Yamaha Fx cruiser HO

I am interested in a 2005 pwc. After reading this site I have decided against the Honda.I am very interested in reliability but also performance and comfort. Will be mostly on a lake. Hate turbos. Please help.

Re: Kawasaki STX-15F vs Yamaha Fx cruiser HO

The 15f will kill the HO in every performance aspect. Top speed of the 15f is around 62, the HO is only around 58. 0-60 times again is no contest. But in reliability and gas millage I think they are both the same. The HO does have a better seat then the 15f, but the 15f gives a very nice ride as well. I think the 15f has much better handling, and starting this spring you will beable to get any aftermarket part you could ever want for the 15f. If you start to crave more :)

Hope this helps
    Last edited by FastUltra; 01-31-2005, 10:14 PM.
    Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
    2002-1100STX DI
    2004-15F
    2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

Thank You Paul. I am going to the boat show this weekend and will probably buy. I have read as much as I can. Most report the 15f is quicker and slightly faster. I have never owned a pwc but have had great luck with yamaha boats(actually a century), outboards, and most recently a rhino.I want comfortable fun ride but very interested in reliability. Was hoping that you would recc the yamaha. Paul

Comment

If your looking for reliability get FX this PWC are very reliable for longer use. I own a 2004 FX HO the average speed was about 59 mph, I use 5-6 gallons on 2 hrs of use (variable speed). If your not considering on speed (a full throttle guy), 15F 62mph the guy told you and the FX 59mph, Again your not that rider who always ride full throttle. And I own a 2000 900STX this ski rusted very easily, and I read all the furoms that the kawi are easily get rusted. And for the FX I put 52 hrs last season I have no problem on it.

Comment

I am not a big kawasaki fan ,but i was very impressed with the 15f it really feels like a well built ski ,i have also ridden a 900 and i didn't like it one bit.but the fourstroke pulls like no tommorow and is still simple,i.e. turbo/super charger.

Comment

The latest Watercraft world has all the numbers. Maybe tech could post them. As I recall the STX-15F matched the 215hp RXT up to 50 mph and
            handled a whole lot better

Comment

Yea the STX will out handle and out manuver any 3 or 2 seat pwc on the water. I have ridden 3 up on the 15f for around an hour several times and it is a very nice ride. Reliability they are both the same. Its all in how you take care of them. And any PWC will start to rust in salt, or if its not cleaned. But the HO is a great boat too it gives a pretty nice ride. Everyone I have talked to say it rides nice, but is just alittle slugish.
              Last edited by FastUltra; 01-31-2005, 10:14 PM.
              Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
              2002-1100STX DI
              2004-15F
              2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

Working...
              X