Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Polaris SL 750

Hello,
    I have a used 1994 Polaris SL 750. I took it in to be looked at, and the service people said that my problem is due to no compression in the first cylinder. I wonder if this is due to the fuel pump problem that affects this model (it needs two pumps, but mine only has had one). Do I need to buy a rebuilt engine from you if I ever want to ride this thing again? Or do you think i can fix this, depending on the damage with some mechanically inclined friends. Thanks,
    Andrew

First you need to figure out what caused your burn-down, which yes, could be the fuel pump.

You could then rebuild it yourself, but you will be right near our engine price, and have no warranty.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Why would it be right near your engine price? It's only the first cylinder that needs replacing. I'm just curious, as I see you have pistons available for $95

Comment

Because rarely with a zero compression damage level can you put the same size piston back in, therefore you have to bore, and you can't just do one oddball size - you have to do all three. AND when you hole a piston, the crank is contaminated, so you just rebuilt the whole engine.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I see. Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X