No announcement yet.

Finally...My triple piped GP1200 lives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finally...My triple piped GP1200 lives!

Mack, this is the first one any of my friends have heard of that cracked internally on a GP. I'm getting the old pipes back and welding them up for a spare.
    97 venture11/1200, 01gp12r stage1, 02F12X
    dav_dman@yahoo.com

Comment

new center pipe installed.. 130 comp across all three cyls.. no leaks.. 93 octane pump gas with a gallon of 111 per tank to bring it up to 96 overall for a measure of safety.

7350 RPM !!!! 67+ mph set up for handling (mech trim tabs). Cavitates the 12/18 J prop outta the hole.

New buyer is running it , the Dave warranty is up..it's all his now. Love the triple pipe power..NOTHING like it. Jus gotta be willing to wrench it now and then.
      dav_dman@yahoo.com

Comment

How did you run across a pipe without haveing to buy the whole set??? I ran the Solas X prop on mine I dont remember what the progressive pitch was but it would bite like a pit bull out of the whole and would stay hooked up in hard turns,but also have the tri loader set up and mag. flow pump that kept it sucked down hard to the surface,I love the power pull of these monsters right out of a hard turn and the mid range on the straight ways is unmatchable by anything,,,but thats just my opinion,and you know how that go's,,lol.So why did you sell your GP?? You know you will never be satisfied with anything else.I have the means of rideing every make and model made of these watercraft and still I would rather have my 97 GP over ANYTHING out there,but again thats just me.....EVERYONE have a great 4th weekend and do be carefull !!!!!!!!!!
        MACKZILLA

Comment

you got that right.. i will not be happy with the power of anything else, but i'm stickin with single pipe ski's for a while and wrenching on my turbo car and turbo ski..only so much time. I just wanted to sell it while it's in good shape and somebody can ride the heck outta it all summer without havin to wrench anything cuz it's at the top of the performance curve all the time.

Factory has 3 new center head pipes left. They had one used center chamber pipe on the shelf they let me have for 100 bux, but still guarenteed. I got lucky. That thing does rip, and sounds cool as heck. He'll be ruling the lake this summer.
          dav_dman@yahoo.com

Comment

Yami's- always kicking *** and taking pink slips all over the USA:beer
            My other car is an F-16CJ (USAF):emoticonl

Comment

I am rebuilding both engines hopefully by spring.
              The 97 is going to be high compresion 170psi with impeller and sponsons.
              The 99 going to 85.5mm ported cylinders,46mm SBN's msd,triple pipe,pro tec intake manifold,head intake grate (mod), rideplate,Riva 3" cone F/A,R&d intake grate and ride plate and an Island racing Solas 14/20 prop mod.

Basicaly I am bringing the 97 back to stock (almost).
              Triple pipes and all the other prformance parts are going on the 99 with the addition of ported cylinders.(100 octane)

Last year no one could holeshot me and that was without porting.
              Handling was dialed in awesome but good speeds were not attained.
              Switching over to the 99 hull will require dialing in the handling and adding ported cylinders will mean rejetting etc.
              Work will have to be done under the Ski as well.

Goals for me are mostly speed related
              1997 should run 60mph
              1999 should run 70+mph

TRIPPLE PIPES RIP YOUR ARMS OFF
              RACE GAS AND CLOTZ OIL ..............WHAT A RUSH..............

Comment

Working...
              X