The Benoit experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Benoit experience

I AM SHOCKED THAT BRYAN WOULD BLATANTLY MISSLEAD PEOPLE WITH OUTRIGHT WRONG INFO. MY ENGINE WAS DELIVERED TO SBT ON SEPT 9, 2002, AND I WAS GIVEN A CALL ON SEPT 26, 2002, AFTER WHICH I PICKED UP THE NEW ENGINEE. THAT'S 14 DAYS WHERE I LIVE, 13 DAYS IF YOU THROW ONE SBT'S WAY. ANYONE THINK SBT IS TRYING TO COVER ITS OWN A** ON A BAD EXPERIENCE. NOT EVEN A CALL TO APPOLOGIZE, NO CONTACT AT ALL, JUST FUZZY MATH. THIS IS REALLY SAD BRYAN, BAD BEHAVIOR.

[ July 22, 2003, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Technical Support ]
    Doug Benoit

You were called on the 8th working day to come pickup your engine. You did not show for a week and you picked it up on the 26th. You were called MULTIPLE times during the week your engine was ready for pickup by our Sales Manager, Ericka.

No fuzzy math here, just a customer who obviously wasn't in a rush to pickup his motor.

If you continue to spam the board with multiple topics regarding thisyou will be banned. Conversation about it is fine but keep it in the same thread.

This is in regards to these threads:

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/ubb/ultim...;f=13;t=000121

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/ubb/ultim...;f=13;t=000123

[ October 16, 2002, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: Bryan Glynn ]

Comment

Check out the dates of my post Bryan. Get a calendar, and you do the math. Why is it so hard for sbt to take responsibility for it's mistakes? Let everyone who reads this take a look at the posting dates. This is a very bad business practice! Obviously, SBT does not think that it's potential client base cannot do simple math. If I was in no rush to pick-up the engine, why would I bother to post in the first place?
      Doug Benoit

Comment

Check out this thread, it's obvious;

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/ubb/ultim...;f=13;t=000123
        Doug Benoit

Comment

Your post was on the 13th day
          Doug Benoit

Comment

And as I explained it was after hours, I was at home without information when I posted. Ericka told me you were contacted when I asked about it in the morning.

Comment

Bryan,
              Here is a copy of your response, there is no reading into it, it was obvious that you guys dropped the ball. If I was in no rush, why would I have had to cancel my vacation plans to N. Fl. because I didn't have my ski. Here's your reply;

"I know Julie, Ericka and Greg were aware of the situation, I thought one of them had contacted you on Monday - it was explained to me we are currently waiting on bearings to come in for the Yamaha motors, and you are at the top of the list for a new one. I will contact you first thing in the morning when I can get an update.

We are available anytime during the day at 877 330 0231 if you want an update. It's 6:48 and I can't give you anymore info at this time - I'm at home."
              --------------------
              Bryan Glynn
              SBT Webmaster

You and others were aware of the situation, and acknowledged that the bearings were not in. Why respond with false information? Why mislead people? Why not come clean and say, oops, we messed up, sorry we're not perfect, and go the extra mile for a satisfied customer? Instead I am insulted, and the venom level is rising. People and businesses should follow through, and do what they say. When something goes wrong, you should rally and make amends, it's called good life/business practice. Let's just stop the endless posts, the proof is here that sbt was wrong, and anyone who looks at the posts, and the dates can see that. SBT's main focus right now should be "how can we make this dissatisfied customer, a satisfied customer, and prevent this from happening in the future?" Any successful business makes mistakes, it's just part of doing business, if they NEVER make mistakes, they probably are not that busy. It's how those mistakes are handled that separates a good company from a poor one. SBT is making a BIG mistake in trying to shake the responsibility of a mistake, instead of trying to make a customer with legitimate complaints, satisfied with the way the mistake is/was handled. This is how you can maintain a good reputation, and a satisfied, referring client base. If you guys want to turn an egg into gold you can do it! Handle this the right way! Contact me by phone, or have Greg contact me! I am an avid visitor to this site, and enjoy the information shared by you and others, it's refreshing, and informative. I would never have followed up on this issue if you did not post false/untrue information. Do the right thing as a company and you can rise head and shoulders above your competition! Let's see these postings remain on the site, and have a positive resolution! This will speak volumes about sbt, and do more good for the way people perceive sbt as a company than a simple " engine arrived quick and runs great, thanks guys" posting. Show me and others the manner in which sbt handles situations as they inevitably do and will arise. Let's see how this is handled, balls in your court!
              Doug Benoit

Comment

Doug:

Two issues that Bryan brought up remain unanswered by you - did you get a call from the Company on the 8th working day to pick up the motor? Did you leave specific instructions for SBT to NOT ship the motor, that you would pick it up when ready?

Seems to me that SBT has documentation indicating calls to you that the motor was ready on the 8th day, and you didn't come pick it up right away (when you told them to hold it for pickup), then you don't have much of a leg to stand on. If they had the motor ready on the 8th day they could have just shipped it and been under the wire.

No intent to flame you or raise your already high anxiety level on this matter, just putting .02 in. There's always small-claims court I guess if you want to go that route.

Anyway, hope all turns out well for both parties. Bryan, I do appreciate you leaving the posts on this up too. Also, I saw your handling of the head problem on GoPolaris, and thought you did a very nice gesture of settlement there.

ShowMeSLT750 [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Make no mistake - no matter the outcome, there is nothing to sue over. There are NO gaurantee dates on warranties, we gave him a general guideline only. Even if we went over our guideline date, even if it was 14 working days to turn around (which I'm not saying it was) - I'm sorry, but given the time of the year and the business we're in, that's a great turnaround! Try getting that kind of service from most other shops.

Bottom line is the engine was warrantied no questions asked, and he got a new one.

It was never flagged to be shipped, it was a local walk-in, and we knew it was a local pickup.

Comment

Doug –

After going through the paperwork myself, I believe you that it was indeed 14 days. I was told 8 days, and there is still some confusion on this end as to what and when contact was made, but in the end I’d say you are right, I am wrong. I’m sorry I can’t clear it up further, I have only 2nd hand information, and the Sales Manager is on vacation all this week.

My primary concern is customer satisfaction, and obviously we failed you in this regard, for that I apologize. We always aim for 100% customer satisfaction, and strides will be made to improve in these types of situations.

Comment

Bryan,

I received a call from the owner Greg. I was pleased. Greg was genuinely interested in what transpired, and explained the challenges that sbt faces on certain items. As with any business, it is not an end, but a journey, and Greg made no excuses, but also showed a great deal of interest in trying to tweak operations at sbt to try and avoid this in the future. It was a pleasant surprise, and I can understand on certain situations how something like this could have slipped through a crack. Bryan, Greg, and everyone at sbt, this was not personal, only business, and the fact that Greg made a strong effort, and was truly interested in improving upon things in an ongoing fashion, made a difference to me. I'm satisfied. You all do a great job, and perfection, although never obtainable, is a great goal. SBT is an industry leader, and because of the operation and services you offer, our's is a better sport. Hats off to Greg and the rest for resolving this in a concerned manner. I have no doubt sbt will improve upon an already great track record, and I have no reservations, after my conversation with Greg, in referring someone to utilize sbt's services.
                      Doug Benoit

Comment

Working...
                      X