720 engine on 94XP ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 720 engine on 94XP ??

Hi guys. I am a Kawasaki guy who recently got a hold of a sweet 94 XP in pristine condition but with no engine. I always liked this hull and could not pass on the opportunity. So here's my question, will a 720 engine fit right in where the stock 657 used to be on my 94 XP ?? What's the best/biggest motor that I can drop in without heavy modification ?? Thanks a lot for the help !!

Re: 720 engine on 94XP ??

Yes if you have all the 717 parts it drops in. Bear in mind you need the carbs, exhaust, flywheels, electronics, bed plate, computer etc. If you have all the 657x stuff and are just missing the block itself, no that doesn't work.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Actually the 657x electronics will work (per bill oneil) and produce a better spark than the 720 electronics.

Comment

Can't you drop an 800 motor in that too? It's the same hull size as the 95XP800's!!!
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

No, everything is different.

Comment

I thought about the 800 but I didn't think it would work. For starters, the 800 sits at an angle where the 657 and 720 sit perpendicular to the hull so there's a lot to change.

Can someone confirm/deny that the 657 electronics will work if I go with the 720 ??

Thanks a lot for the input.

Comment

Nothing works with an 800 but 800 parts, period.

Comment

Here's a link:

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/sho...=657x+ignition

Comment

Here's one that goes into more detail:

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/sho...=657x+ignition

Comment

I put a 720 Engine in my GTS and it was very straight forwarded and bolted right up. I had to re work the fuel lines because the 720 has dual carbs and my 94 GTS did not, and I also had to re work the water cooling which was different than the 580 engine. You will not have to worry about messing with the fuel lines as your stock XP came with dual carbs. You might want to check the cooling lines to make sure they route the same as the old 657 engine? I didn't even bother changing the computer out in my ski and it still ran great. Even the factory 580 exhaust bolted up to the 720 motor and I'm sure your 650 stuff will as well but you might loose some power from the old 650 stuff so go ahead and change the exhaust to 720 components if you can.

Comment

It's an easy swap if you use the stator and flywheel from your orginal motor. Buy a 720 intake and exhaust system to go with the motor.
                      Bill O'Neal <br>
                      WCM
                      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Thanks a lot for the info guys. I am currently looking at a very nice 720 with a fresh rebuild and aftermarket head. I checked compression and it shows 180 on both cyls which is excellent. The engine comes with a twin Mikuni 44 setup so I won't have to worry about intake. The exhaust seems to bolt up to my 657 pipe but I'm not sure, I'll look into that this weekend.

As far as the electrical goes, I'm going to give it a try with the 657x components since I already have those. If it comes to the wire, I guess I'll be scavenging for 720 electronics ..

Comment

You are not goint to want to use twin 44's with a stock pipe. You are going to be dumping WAY to much fuel on the motor. If anything, buy a factory pipe and talk to bill oneil about a jet kit for those carbs. Or just go with the stock intake and stock carbs.
                          Last edited by marz831; 02-18-2005, 01:13 PM.

Comment

At least get a 720 exhaust system, even an oem system. The 44's will work fine.
                            Bill O'Neal <br>
                            WCM
                            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Well, one thing I don't have is the 720 exhaust. Any suggestions ?? Something aftermarket would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X