Engine Warranty/Customer Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Warranty/Customer Service

I purchased, recieved and installed a rebuilt engine from SBT. The engine didn't even finish the break-in procedure and failed after approx. 1 hour of running time.
    I notified SBT of my problem, have removed the defective engine, and have been waiting for a call tag to return ship the defective engine for over 1 week now.
    I called and spoke to Julie today about expediting the process of getting a new (rebuilt) engine and offered to pay for the new engine to be shipped out to me immediately, and to be reimbursed when the defective engine was recieved back by SBT.
    Instead I'm being told this is being treated like a warranty and that I need to provide packaging to have the engine shipped back and that I will be sent another call tag, beacuse somehow the original call tag got lost.
    In addition, I am being told that I would have to pay a 10% restock fee to return the defective engine if I were to buy a new engine.
    I own & operate a service business and do not understand your policy.
    The engine you sent me is defective. I'm not happy about the time & energy I've wasted installing & removing the defective engine, and hoped you could accomodate my needs.
    We have a family vacation planned in 2 weeks and were hoping to have had the seadoo up & running by now.
    What can you do to expedite getting me a good engine?!
    I would like nothing better than to be satisfied by your service!

****Just got a call from Julie who said "they" have decided to authorize shipping out another engine, charging my charge card, and refunding the charges 100% when they receive back the defective engine.

Thank you for coming through for us! Chances are good we'll have our seadoo up & running for the family vacation!!

***Thank You SBT***

8/7/03
    We got the seadoo running for the family vacation & have been taking it out a couple of weekends each month the past two months.
    Just got back from 1 week on Lake Mead, Nevada. Seadoo has been running excellent w/replacement engine performing awesome.

Although things were a little rocky in the beginning of our experience, in the end, SBT pulled through for us & delivered 5 Star Customer Service!!

Thanks again guys!

[ August 07, 2003, 02:04 AM: Message edited by: Lance Riddle ]

Our warranty is clear and we are standing behind it 100%.

Yes we agree it sounds like an assembly problem, as it sounds from your description on the phone that you had the base gasket on your 951 silver breach.

Yes we agree it would be classified as a defect, and we are covering all shipping and new gaskets for the replacement motor, along with shipping costs of your defective engine. We certainly appologize for the lost shipping label, but it is not something we can control once it leaves here. We have issued a replacement and you will have it ASAP.

Unfortunately no, we cannot ship a new motor in front of the warranty coming back. We need to receive the original back and inspect it before releasing another $3500+ motor into the field.

If you absolutely need another motor in front of the warranty procedure timeline, we offer it at a small price. The procedures and costs associated with this prohibit us from doing so without charge. We charge 10% of the engine price if you wish to save the few days shipping time, by charging you for a new sale and refunding you 90% of the charge when the warranty engine is returned.

We certainly appologize for the defect and your time lost, we know it's frustrating.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

See bottom of my 1st message.
      I've edited my first message so as not to discourage prospective customers from buying from you.
      I am happy you are making the extra effort towards my customer satisfaction.
      Sincerely,
      Lance Riddle

Comment

Excellent! I'm glad she authorized that for you!
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: Engine Warranty/Customer Service

thats great service
          Last edited by radiocontrolhead; 08-17-2005, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X