just bought a new '03 r12x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just bought a new '03 r12x

Just bought a new 2003 r12x from dealer. Was special purchase from Honda. Will have the 1yr. SO.... what's the scoop on:

extended warrantee?
    What to watch out for?
    Scheduled maintance?

All help appreciated...

OBTW if there are other threads I should be looking at instead of asking please point me there....

:D

Re: just bought a new '03 r12x

You don’t need an x-warranty, because they don’t breakdown.

The owner’s manual has the service schedule you should follow. The service manual is available in CD or paper.
    If i got to understand, Please don't bother to explain<br /><br /><a href="http://www.garrigans.com/topfuel/" target="_blank"></a>

Comment

[QUOTE=NitroShark]You don’t need an x-warranty, because they don’t breakdown.

LOL - everything breaks down - eventually. You could be safe w/o the ext-warranty, but it depends on your mechanical ability, your willingness to pay big bucks to fix or replace the motor if it does blow, and how long you plan on keeping the machine. How you take care of it is also a key factor too.

I bought the machine you see in my avatar used, and for $30 had the extended warranty transferred with 2 years to go. I never used it. But I figured it was worth the few bucks just in case.

Nitro - please don't take offense by my post. I can tell you are all into Hondas, and they are a great Company. But some folks don't have the know how or desire to work on their machine, would rather let a dealer fix it and go on.

Comment

Sweet.....

Comment

one more silly question.... well at least for now... When we go on our family vacation, we are at the lake for a week with no lift for the pwc. My gp1200 sits all night without problems of leakage... will the r12x be ok like that too? Please don't tell me I have to pull it out on the trailer each night...

Comment

Trgtshooter:

Shouldn't have to pull it out, but it depends on how well you'll sleep knowing its sitting out there in the water all night....

By "lake" do you mean Lake Ozark? (noticed youre from St. Louis)

I have left mine in overight occasionally, but usually pull it up on the dock (at least 2 person job, astroturf walkout ramp helps). I've noticed even over just a weekend there's a slight scum that settles on the sides of the boat, so always go over the hull with a chamois or something when you pull it out. Long-term you'll be glad you did.:)

Comment

Yes.. Lake O... Big Niagua by the Larry Gale State Boat Ramp. During our stay, we do normally keep um in the water, but wipe them down while swimming, etc. Normally when we are on the river it is only a day trip. I had one of my Yam. Waverunners leak while at rest and ended up having to put in a sump pump. Other waverrunner.. dry as a bone. Go figure.

Comment

I'm at the 3mm, North Shore.

Again, it's all dependent on how well you sleep knowing its out in the water. I know when I left mine tethered between the walkway and cable of our dock at night (too tired or whatever to pull it on the dock), I had to shine a light down a couple times ian evening to make sure it was staying put and above water.

Can you pull yours up on shore at night? Maybe put a mat or something under to protect the hull? Just a thought. But I don't know what the area you are at is like beachwise.

Comment

HONDAS don't leak. i got a F12x and a R12x

i have never heard of one leaking overnight.

after a ride,, i have not seen water in the hull either.. i have not heard of any hondas that find it "normal" to see water in the hull.

relax..
                  If i got to understand, Please don't bother to explain<br /><br /><a href="http://www.garrigans.com/topfuel/" target="_blank"></a>

Comment

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that a HONDA would EVER leak . You just never know, and when someone spends that much money on a machine it would be (IMO) quite a heartache to get up in the morning to find a rope going into the water where you left the PWC the night before.:(

Comment

Also, anti PWC morons have been known to take the drain plugs out of PWC's
                      left in the water overnight.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback. We are around the dock all hours of night fishing etc., so I'll sleep light the first night... better after that... :)

Comment

Boy this thread sure died now that it's warm enough in Missouri to go riding... :D

-ATR

Comment

i had a problem with my warning light and buzzer coming on and shutting down the motor into a limp mode. turned out to be a bad ecm and the honda factory was not at all thrilled about replacing it even after the dealer told them it was the problem.
                            the dealer said it would have cost $1,000 to replace it.
                            i DID buy an extended warrenty.
                            other than that it runs great,
                            tom
                            TT

Comment

I was just presented with the extended warranty offer. It is $880 for 36 months. I haven't acted yet, but I might just in case. It isn't much for the piece of mind. I have almost one of everything Honda makes and I have had repairs done. Never had any trouble getting them to honor a legitimate warranty repair. For example - got a new carb on my lawnmower and never a question asked. I needed a new battery in my F-12X and they said read the fine print. I did and it all made sense. I'm not complaining about a $70 battery for a $9,000 boat when a tank of gas costs more than half that dock side.

-Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X