SBT Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBT Experience

WOW is all i gotta say. Whatta company. I did not install the motor yet, I keep finding crap that needs to be changed and thus ordered. But so Far Technical Support is awesome. The forums on SBT are awesome. and the motor I have sitting in my garage is awesome. I cant wait to get it in and get it started. Ill keep this thread updated when I get it running.

Thank you Technical Support and SBT for making my project enjoyable, and successful!!!

I didnt think I could do it but with SBT it was awesome!!!
    98 Seadoo XP L, 04 Seadoo RXP, 96 Seadoo HX HTTP://community.webshots.com/album/109056464fXgNkM

Re: SBT Experience

dontcare,

I went kinda wild myself when I got mine. I ran to the local PPG Paint dealer and got that psycho urethane paint mixed so all my parts could match that pretty little baby. Take your time. Align the motor/pump. And follow the breakin procedure. You'll freak out when ya get it in the water.

Mine runs like a champ!

Holler if ya have any questions.

SmokeyJoe

p.s. Where in Lawng Island are ya from?

Comment

lol thanks Smokey.. Im originally from Holtsville/Lake Grove area. But recently moved to West Islip. I live on the water now :) So the skis sit in my yard on a lift ready to go on a moments notice. In the summer anyways. Now there in my garage hibernating for the winter. Although I hear its supposed to break 40 degrees this coming week so maybe Ill put the RXP on the lift
      98 Seadoo XP L, 04 Seadoo RXP, 96 Seadoo HX HTTP://community.webshots.com/album/109056464fXgNkM

Comment

dontcare,

I have a sister that lives in West Islip.

I used to live in Farmingdale, Cold Spring Harbor and lastly Long Beach....... LB was awesome before I moved to West Los Angeles / Santa Monica. Now I live in Bonita Beach, Florida, between Fort Myers and Naples. I live off the Imperial river and my little 14.5' jetboat sits on a jetdock and I'm in the water in under a minute. Almost everyday I take her out for a little run down the river at sunset, and weekends it's a run out to to gulf for some real fun.

My SBT motor is running like a champ and I have a blast with her, good luck with yours.

Thank SBT for the GREAT rebuilt!!!!!!

SmokeyJoe

Comment

engine is in and It started right up. Running good!!!!! I cant wait for a little warmer weather so i can break her in!!! Quick question wha should it be idling at out of the water? Thanks

Comment

3000 or so.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Congrats on the successful install.

3000 rpm out of the water and 1500 in water.

Waiting for warmer weather must be soo **** hard, but hang in there.
              I'd be itching so much to have it in the water and start breaking her in that I'd probably put her in somebody's built in swimming pool........

SmokeyJoe

Comment

LOL Smokey.. Well tonight I just couldnt wait anymore and threw her in the water. It stinks that I gotta break it in but even doing that it felt REAL good. I cant wait to have it fully broken in!! Might do some more tomorrow depending on the weather

Comment

Well, I did some more riding the next day. Got it up 2 the 50% throttle part so far. ITs hard to do when the waters in the upper 30's still.. Shes running good though. I feel real confident with the build and I again wanna thank everyone on here for making it the best mechanical project I have ever done!! I will continue updating this as my ski gets broken in

Comment

The 951 can run and idle fine at 2800 rpm out of the water and it will not runaway ( glowplug) when it is not in the water.
                    Bill O'Neal <br>
                    WCM
                    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
                    X