water in my hull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water in my hull

I keep finding water in my hull, underneath the water muffler. I hooked the flush kit up, and ran the ski, and watched for leaks, but I never saw any. After I shut the ski off, I always tilt it back to let any water drain out the exhaust. It is after tilting the ski back, that I find the water. I have felt under the muffler, and water muffler, but cannot find any signs of where the water is coming from. Any ideas?

Re: water in my hull

Anyplace where something goes through the hull can leak. The steering cable, the drive shaft, any kind of through hull fitting, the air intake system, the seal under the seat, lots of places could be leaking. It sounds like youve ruled out the engine as the source. Try putting the ski in the water with a perfectly dry hull and see if you can tell where the water is coming in. If you can find a general area it will at least narrow down your search area. I heard somewhere of someone filling their hull with water and watching for where it leaks out but I would not reccomend that method.

Dave
    Any technology, sufficiently advanced, will appear as magic.

Comment

okay, I will try that. Thanks

Comment

Well, I found the source of my water leak. It looks like there is a rubber seal on the bottom of the aft exhaust pipe that is leaking. Is there any harm in using the ski with this leak? I don't know how much the repair will cost, but I bet it will not be cheap.
        Last edited by cubman; 03-04-2005, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X