Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Direct Injection

Hi,
    I am considering purchasing a new Seadoo with Direct Injection. My question is:
    Does Direct injection need to be adjusted by altitude? By that I mean if I run at a lake at 3000', then run at a lake at 6500', does the direct injection compensate? My current carburated ski is jetted for about 4200', but runs like a dog at 6500'. Can the direct injection help me out, or will I still fight the altitude changes?

Re: Question on Direct Injection

There is no manual adjustment in the first place, and DI's run well at any altitude.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for the info. That is what I was hoping to hear. Its always been a chore adjusting to altitude. I can drive 3 hours west and be down to 2500' and I can drive one hour east and be up to 6500'. I am hoping that whichever brand ski I buy with DI will cure this ongoing problem.

Comment

The Di should do pressure compensation better than most can jet. You may want to have a couple different props, get somthing shorter for altitude.
        Being ignorant, is not so much ashame as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin

Comment

That is the key to altitude changes. Having the correct impellor makes a huge difference, injected or carbureators.......
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
          X