Carb Spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Carb Spring

Ok, aside from the Hi-Tack in the install kit, that Loctite 2 is all I have from the kit for gasket? And the SBT instructions say to use the copper sealant for all exhaust gaskets?

Comment

The kit does not include any copper sealant, it's an aerosol product and we can't ship it. Pick it up from any auto store.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

The Hi-Tack gasket sealant also comes in an aerosol form which I think is easier and neater than using it from the tube.
        "Helping you make smart choices about your money - so you can live a better life."

Comment

Ok, can you tell me if or where I use the Loctite 2 from the kit?

Comment

It is used if you are doing an oil pump blockoff.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Hey TS, with the SBT gasket intall kit, it looks like I have 2 gaskets for the reed valves for some reason, and NO gaskets for the carb plate between the carbs and the f/a ??? Shouldn't I have 2 gaskets for that???

Comment

SBT includes two gaskets that fit between the case and intake manifold because a lot of people use a spacer plate. If you don't use a plate, you end up with an extra gasket to use another time.

SBT does not include air cooler gaskets in their installation kits. I'm told they really aren't necessary. You can either order new ones or re-use the old ones.
                  Last edited by uncle-buck; 03-13-2005, 11:10 PM. Reason: correction
                  "Helping you make smart choices about your money - so you can live a better life."

Comment

UB is correct.

Comment

Ok, I understand that then. What about the 2 gaskets I need for the plate between the carbs and the f/a ?

Comment

You don't need to seprate those during an install, so they are not in the Installation Gasket Kit. We have those available separately (carb base gaskets) or in the Intake Kit.

Comment

Hmph...When I was dissassembling I had to remove the f/a to access the bolts below to remove the carb assembly, and that is where those two gaskets came out. I can purchase them individually ?

Comment

Sorry I misread, I thought you said the plate under the carbs.

As UB said above and I agreed with: "SBT does not include air cooler gaskets in their installation kits. I'm told they really aren't necessary. You can either order new ones or re-use the old ones."

Comment

Ok...I'm not sure how the exposed surface area of the top of the carbs with the butterflies is supposed to directely to the f/a without a gasket metal directly to metal, two gaskets if you place the plate between them. Is there somewhere in Clearwater that carries these gaskets I need? The old ones did not come off intact.

Comment

We have them if you really want them - but they are not needed at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X