Yamaha 2000-GP1200: HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yamaha 2000-GP1200: HELP!!!

Good deal, if you wouldn't mind emailing me the info or the prices, I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Also, you interested in joining my friends and I at the Dunedin Causeway tomorrow morn?

Comment

I'm down in St. pete. Thanks for the offer.

You will have to contact him.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. She was sure tough to start but got her going with adding fuel into the cylinders a couple of times. Now to get her out on the water and see how she runs. Now were is that warm weather becuase I'm looking forward a nice relaxing ride. :)

Comment

Originally posted by 99gp1200
          B.Stopplemoor - Where in Missouri are you?
          I live in Lee's Summit close to Blue Springs and Longview Lake.
          :)

Comment

Originally posted by uncle-buck
            Are you getting any spark to the plugs? If so, pour a cap of oil into a 20 oz. soda bottle and add a few ounces of gasoline. Mix, pour a little into the carbs, and try starting again.

I had the same problem. Got so excited about finishing the install, I forgot to turn the fuel valve on. Hope yours is as simple to fix.

If there's no spark to the plugs, I'll defer to someone else on this forum.

Good luck.
            Thanks for the good advice it worked. I checked the gas valve it was on, gas was getting to the carbs but not into the engine. After a few ounces of fuel into the cylinders she started right up. Thanks again!

Comment

TS actually deserves credit for that advice. I'm glad it worked for you. Enjoy your newly rebuilt SBT motor!
              "Helping you make smart choices about your money - so you can live a better life."

Comment

Working...
              X