R&D Intake and Ride Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R&D Intake and Ride Plate

I just installed an R&D acquavein and a pro Series Ride plate on my GP1200 (99').
    I did not notice when pulling off the stock plate and grate if they are flush, but the ride plate sits about 1/4" higher than the intake grate. Should I shim the plate flush with the intake grate or is it ok to leave it like it is and shim according to handling characteristics?
    (The ski is all stock except a Solas XO imp.)

Thanks

Re: R&D Intake and Ride Plate

I hope these questions are not too stupid, but I have read some people use silicone between the hull and the ride plate and intake grate and some not. Would anyone care to share their opinions on this? Anyone have any suggestions on my previous post about the intake and ride plate being flush. I am a little concerned because I would think they should be flush. 1/4" worth of washers to shim the ride plate flush with the intake seems a little excessive. Did I get some bad items from R&D?

Thanks

Comment

first make sure the grate doesn't hang below the hull. If satisfied it doesn't then yup I space down the front of the plate to allow 1/8" step. No washers on the back will yield top speed if porpoising is not a prob.. if porpoising is a probl then start shimming the rear as well, one washer at a time... you'll be trading handling for speed.
      97 venture11/1200, 01gp12r stage1, 02F12X
      dav_dman@yahoo.com

Comment

I run 2 washers on the front and 3 washers on the back... Zero porpoising now. But it did take 1-2mph off the top end.

Comment

Working...
        X