kawasaki 650 ts 1990

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kawasaki 650 ts 1990

ive got a 1990 kawasaki 650 ts starts fine under tree with water hose connected to head will idle and run with water hose till it runs out of gas . Here's problem if u take it to boat ramp it will start if u back into water it will not start you pull it up just as long as ski is out of water it will start , i have also tryed draining water out of waterbox taking it to boat ramp it will start untill water box gets a little water in it , local kawasaki shop is puzzled

Re: kawasaki 650 ts 1990

This is a good site for help but you will probably need to give some more info.
    Question..... If you start it out of the water and back it into the water, what happens? Does it keep running or does it die?
    I know that when a SeaDoo does what your describing it's usually a carb issue.
    Good luck
    Dave
    Any technology, sufficiently advanced, will appear as magic.

Comment

The backpressure that is caused by the exhaust opening under water is causing the motor to go dead rich (flooded, like when leaving the choke on). The fix is to rebuild the carbureator, as it probably is leaking fuel past the needle valve.
      Also, a fully charged battery may help your situation. When the impellor is in the water, the engine spins at a slighly slower rpm when starting the motor. This does not help the too rich problem caused by the leaky needle valve in the carbureator and makes it more difficult to start.
      Bill O'Neal <br>
      WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

first of all great forum and sbt has great products just got a engine from them for a 770 tigershark awesome, in response to question yes i can sit on ski hit start button one time it will start while it is running have some one back me up into lake with about one inch of ski in water it wont stay running and will not start till i have moved ski out of water im only putting ski in water enough to have exhaust in water once pulled out of water starts fine

Comment

Working...
        X