1100 stx taking on water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 stx taking on water

I toke the ski out today and after about 10 min I went back to shore to check head temps and found alot of water pulled it out and the only place I could find any comind out or going in was around the out put shaft ??? how do you change the seals please help will i need to pull the motor and how do you get the prop off 99 1100 stx kaw:( where can you get the seals and bearings at and about how much$$$$
    Last edited by mike741100xrp; 03-20-2005, 11:05 PM. Reason: needed to add on

Re: 1100 stx taking on water

sounds like the driveshaft seal assy is leaking. you can replace it without pulling the motor. remove the pump, (the prop will come off with the pump). then pull the shaft back, you will have to unscrew the coupler off of the shaft. then you can pull the driveshaft out the back of the boat. remove the seal assy, and repair. grease up the shaft good, and reinstall carefully. i would recomend getting a shop manual. it will help with the removeal. zig
    please visit my link with pics of my many parts for sale

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/radracingpics/my_photos

email radracingpwc@aol.com

Comment

where can i get the shop manual. would it be a good time to replace the bearings also where can i get them from thanks
      Last edited by mike741100xrp; 03-21-2005, 09:06 AM. Reason: just because

Comment

Any Dealer.

Comment

Go to www.buykawasaki.com look at the bottom of the screen and you will see "site index" go to that and then scroll down to the bottom of the page until you see "parts diagrams" find the part # of the parts that you need. Then go to www.ronayers.com and type the part #'s one by one into the search tab. you can then order them from ron ayers. They have reasonable prices and it comes to your door in about a week. hope this helps.
          You can usually find the shop manuals on ebay pretty cheap.
          Last edited by 1100 stxer; 03-24-2005, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1100 stxer
            Go to www.buykawasaki.com look at the bottom of the screen and you will see "site index" go to that and then scroll down to the bottom of the page until you see "parts diagrams" find the part # of the parts that you need. Then go to www.ronayers.com and type the part #'s one by one into the search tab. you can then order them from ron ayers. They have reasonable prices and it comes to your door in about a week. hope this helps.
            You can usually find the shop manuals on ebay pretty cheap.
            thanks that is a great site now that I know how to get the part numbers

Comment

I just replaced the BODY-MUFFLER do to hevy corrosion and break off of the elbo valve on a stx di. Most of the timeit can welded back together. If you still havnt found the problem, hook your flush kit up, start it, run the water and watch the bottom of the lower end of the muffler...

it is part number 18180 sub part 52014a in this diagram...
              Hope you get it fixed..
              http://www.kawasaki.com/Default.asp?...D=2&intParts=0
              Andrew J Robinson
              Aquacraft Unlimited LLC
              Pensacola FLORIDA
              aquacraftunlimited@yahoo.com

Comment

thanks I hooked it up before i pulled the motor to replace the drive shaft there was no leaks from the motor the only leaks i found was when i fill the hull with water and they where coming from the drive shaft seals and around the fitting though the hull I resealed that and now I am waiting on the seals and bearings from long island racing thanks mike

Comment

Working...
                X