carb question on 300cc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb question on 300cc

I have a carb that I measured to be a 34 mm carb by mikuni (i measured on the bottom of the carb where it connects to the intake). It is on a 1987 kawasaki 300. Just wondering if that is the true size of the carb and also can I order it through SBT.

Thanks.

Re: carb question on 300cc

I think it is a 34.

If you knew,then you'd know!

Comment

Sorry, no. Try the classifieds.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Smart answer TS!!!

My real question was "is it a true size for a mikuni carb?" If you carried it was secondary. I was hoping for your expertise not your silly jokes.

Thanks

Comment

I don't know what your problem is but you need to read a little more carefully I think. I didn't give you any kind of smart-azz answer. No, we do not carry carbs, try the classifieds. I have no idea what were on those little engines, so I didn't answer.

Comment

Measuring it at the bottom of the carb will NOT give you the actual carb size. All carbs on 2 strokes are a venturi design meaning if you cut one in half and looked at it, it would have an hourglass shape.

Anyway, measuring one at 38mm at the bottom most likely means it is a 28mm or a 34mm carb. I do know that the small carbs were used by Kawa on alot of skis up until the 90s. They were even used all the way up onto a 650 motor that came in the first couple of years of TS.

I could be wrong... any other experts out there have any other opinions?

Comment

Taz,
              Yes you are wrong.

You can measure a Mikuni carb at the bottom of the throat, or lower carb base gasket surface opening. The diameter of the lower throttle plate is the size of the carb, Tapers have nothing to do with the size of the carb.

The only place measuring gets tricky is with 44-46's which have a step in the fist quarter inch or so of the lower throat. In those, the smaller diameter is the actual carb size ( which is the same as the throttle plate diameter ).

Mikuni made 28mm, 34mm, 38mm, and 44 mm carbs for different models of Kawasaki Jetskis.
              Bill O'Neal <br>
              WCM
              <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Are Keihins that same then? I had bought a brand new in the box 38mm Keihin CDK II for a Kawa 650 and measured the throttle plate. It actually measured out to something like 42mm. I used a calibrated caliper so I know my readings werent off.

Too many new things to learn...

Comment

"Mikuni made 28mm, 34mm, 38mm, and 44 mm carbs for different models of Kawasaki Jetskis."

Thanks, Bill that is exactly what I was looking for.

By the was TS, I never said you were being a smart-azz, I said you gave a silly answer. Usually when people don't know something the say "I don't Know"

Does SBT carry the carb rebuild kits for this carb "34"? And if so which one is it?
                  I would also like to get the needle and seat for this carb, will I have to go through the dealer for that or can I also get those through SBT??

Thanks

Comment

We carry Mikuni BN and SBN kits, yes. I Don't know what model yours is - look at the pump body. If it's round it's a BN - rectangular is a SBN.N&S are dealer only.

Comment

Thanks, I will be ordering a BN kit from you today. Thanks for the timely response.

Comment

Can someone tell me what # the needle and seat is in this carb? I want to rebuild but not sure as to what all i need to get, accept the rebuild kit.
                        Thanks.

Comment

Are you sure it's a Mikuni carb? I thought those things had Kehins on them??? I really cannot remember....... Your link didn't work.
                          Bill O'Neal <br>
                          WCM
                          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

http://www.kawasaki.com/scripts/ImgS...&ilIV=0&ilBR=0

hope this works, and yes I know that is is a mikuni because I removed it and that is what is says. It may not be stock equipment, but it does look exactly like the one on the part diagram from kawasaki.
                            thanks

link didnt work, it is on www.kawasaki.com under the part diagrams look for the 1987 js300 then carb I am looking for the needle and seat.

Comment

You can't hotlink to the Kawasaki site.

Comment

Working...
                              X