No announcement yet.

Got 10 Hours on your rebuilt!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again the dealer not SBT told you that it was the spark plugs and you listed to them.

Since it did not fix the problem you should have took it back to them then.

You should be trying to get them to pay for the repairs since it was caused by them for not checking it out when you told them there was a problem.
    But if you did not bring it to them to look at it is totaly your fault you are where your at now.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Exactley Dank, thats on the dealer to do the necessary diagnostics and then get in touch with SBT that there is a defective motor.

1 year is 1 year, your attacking the wrong company, you need to be attacking your idiot dealer and mechanic.

Comment

Any "mechanic" that would tell you repeatedly to "change the spakplugs", after the initial tank of break-in oil and fuel had been run out of the tank is not much of a mechanic, and you are not too bright if you continued to listen to him.

Is it possible that the motor has, or had a cracked rave valve slot in the clyinder ? Although I have never seen a cracked rave slot, I guess anything is possible. But that is precisely why the orginal owner was given a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY without fault, in the first place.

The next problem I have with this is why you didn't ride this ski before you bought it?
        Would you buy a used car from a dealer without road testing it?
        The next problem I have is that as a customer, it is up to you to return the ski to the dealership in a timely manner, so that he could fix it or find out that the motor had a problem from the get-go. You may have done that, but the next time you took the ski out to ride it, it should have had the same problem and you should have returned it to the dealership and demanded that they either repair it or refund your money. You should have been aware of the 1 year time limit, and you should have made sure that this was delt with within that first year. Verbally complaining is not good enough and usually will not hold water in courtrooms unless the dealer acknowledges that to a judge. If the dealership is a legitimate place, they should have replaced this motor at their expense if they were the ones that caused this to get out of warranty by dragging their feet in getting this resolved.

You coming on this board and screaming that SBT sucks only shows us other customers of SBT that you are not a responsible person. To say "I was too busy" is not a good enough excuse. Unless you were in Afganistan (2001-2002) fighting for my freedom, you should have had this problem resolved within the warranty period. I know that the good people at SBT do not screw customers and they do not suck anything other than oxygen. In fact, had you been in the armed forces and away fighting, it would not suprize me if they took care of it and gave you another motor anyway. That is the kind of people that make up SBT.

A one year warranty means just that. It ends after one year.

You may have let a dealer screw you, and now you are blaming SBT for it. As a "customer" you have rights and you have responsibilities too. You were not acting responsibly when you parked your ski for a long period of time, not returning it to the selling dealership.

Now you have caused yourself a problem. Now you need to take the responsibility for that problem.

[ January 18, 2004, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Bill O'Neal ]
        Bill O'Neal WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Man it sounds like you have a very difficult situation on your hands but the problem lies within the company who sold you the seadoo not the motor by SBT.

I understand your delema and know if they gave out credit for taking care of a couple of mentally challenged brothers instead of giving just the Soldiers credit for their duties you wouldn't have a problem here.

But again, your beef is with Gresham not SBT.

Gresham tricked you and it isn't fair, Life isn't fair. I might talk to an Attorney about Greshams dealings as I know you have wittnesses-right? But then again there is the one year thing?

I would like to know if Gresham kept your Seadoo for any time, and if they may have heald it long enough so you were not able to return it in that year?

Trust is a hard thing to earn, even harder to believe sometimes. Sounds like Gresham screwed you. I am very Sorry for your delema as I know what a good, kind person you really are as this anger is not in you. No one appreciates getting screwed- well, nah I won't go there. FUNKR

Comment

I HAVE READ THESE POSTINGS AND I FEEL LIKE THIS MAN HAS GOTTEN A BAD DEAL FROM SBT GRANTED THERE IS A 1 YEAR WARRANTY IF THIER IS A FACTORY DEFECT ON THE RAVE VALVE AND A CRACKED CASING ON THE ENGINE. THE MAN GOT TEN HOURS ON AN ENGINE COME ON YOU PEOPLE WRITING ALL YOUR GOOD EXPERIENCES CALLING HIM NOT SO BRIGHT ECT... REALLY PUT YOURSELF IN HIS SHOES INSTEAD OF ASSUMING AND JUDGING HOW DO YOU KNOW THE WHOLE SITUATION AND NATURALLY ASSUME SBT IS NOT AT FAULT! THEY ARE A BUSINESS AND POLICY HAS TO BE FOLLOWED I WOULD AT LEAST LOOK AT WHAT YOU COULD DO TO FIX THE PROBLEM OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE WHAT MULTIMILLION DOLLAR CO. THE RAVE VALVE IS NOT CAUSED BY WATER DAMAGE AND MAYBE SBT SHOULD TALK TO THE DEALER AND MECHANIC IT IS NOT THE PURCHASERS FAULT AND I REALLY THINK SBT SHOULD FIX THE DEFECT OF THE RAVE VALVE AND ENGINE REGUARDLESS OF THE WARRANTY.... AND WATER DAMAGE COME ON OF COURSE YOU WOULD SAY THAT BECAUSE IT WOULD RELEASE LIABILITY WHY DID DEALER SAY NO WATER DAMAGE??? SO LET ME GUESS THE DEALER AND MECHANICS ARE IDIOTS OH I GET IT sbt TOTALLY IN THE RIGHT AND THIER WORD IS GOLD YEAH RIGHT!!! COME ON GUYS THIS MAN SPENT HIS HARD EARNED MONEY MAYBE SOME YOU HAVE A SILVER SPOON ECT.. AND BY THE WAY DIVE RESCUE IS A non payed job unless you are the fire department hello look it up on the net...... i looked up his profile and his dive team and they are not paid it is volenteer at least SBT COULD OFFER SOMETHING REBUILD KIT ECT... THIS MAN DOES HIS COMMUNITY A SERVICE MR. AMERICA EARLIER POSTING TESTOSTERONE IS FLYING GET A GRIP!!!! THIS IS ABOUT HIS ENGINE AND RAVE VALVE AND THE BIG TEN HOURS NOT ABOUT WATER DAMAGE AVOIDING THE ISSUE MISS WARRANTY TECH OR WHATEVER!! SOOO ON CLOSING I WILL SAY WHAT HAPPENED TO GOOD OLD BUSINESS

Comment

WINGS, and all others....

The point is he is posting this 1 1/2 years after the warranty expired. He should have taken care of it in the warranty period.

SBT would have been more than happy to replace it.

Scroll up and read BILL Os post, it explains it all.

Comment

This has been going on FOR MORE THAN A YEAR!!!! Yes it was a little over a year ,when I brought it in! but not by much!!The dealer has tryed to get somewhere with these people!I HAVE BEEN PATIENT, up till now! This is why I am venting!!! I would be happy even if they gave me the parts,or even gave it to me at there cost, to fix the thing, with my machanic to do it. without warranty. I would be happy.I know for a fact if I rebuilt someones motor and they only got 10 hours on it, (this is me), I would make it right!

Comment

venting = wings

Dude, you are wrong here. Yes most of us have been screwed by one company or another. Hence why most of us build our own skis. The one year no fault warranty is a helluva deal, nobody else gives you that deal that I know of, so count your blessings.
                  I think what he was saying about educating yourself on the subject is read more about your ski before you ride it. If I was fouling a lot of plugs, I'd know there was a problem.
                  I feel your pain though, it sucks, but your time table was up. I'd hammer the dealership for it until they fixed it right. June 2001 to June 2002 was the warranty on the motor, its Jan 2004 now. Looks like the dealership screwed you, took your money, and tossed the blame on SBT so they don't have to deal with it.
                  READ MY TYPING = THE DEALER SCREWED YOU OUT OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY.
                  I recommend SBT to my buddies who don't want to modify their boats, why? Cause SBT stood beside me when another company was screwing me.
                  Seems the dealers knew there was something wrong with that ski from the get go.
                  Good luck and I hope you get your ski together, I really do.
                  SHOOTER

Comment

Actually Venting/SBTSUCKS does indeed=Wings. The IP is the same for both accounts.

This nonsense has gone on long enough, the bottom line has already been spelled out. This thread is closed and so are all of your fake accounts.
                    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I CHANGED MY DISPLAYED NAME, BECAUSE THATS WHAT I AM DOING. YOU KNOW I COULD WALK INTO WALMART A YEAR AND A HALF LATER, AND BRING BACK A PRODUCT THAT DIDNT WORK FROM THEM, AND THEY WOULD HONOR THAT EXCHANGE. AND THAT I BOUGHT MY PRODUCT IN A FEW MONTHS AFTER THE WARRANTY WAS UP, AND 10 HOURS ON THE ENGINE? YOU TELL ME (HONESTLY) HOW WOULD YOU FEEL. ALL I GOT WAS THE RUN AROUND FOR THE OVER THE LAST YEAR. ALL IN FAITH THAT THEY WERE GOING TO MAKE IT RIGHT.

Comment

Working...
                      X